Request for Funding @Cobragrin December 2022- March 2023

TL:DR
This is a funding request for a 3 month period (December 2022 - March 2023 ). My previous progress thread is here.

Rate remains the same: € 1500/ month.( ツ preferred mostly)

I would like to continue work with my duty and added tasks in next 3 month period. The more Grin has governance that is decentralized the more resiliency it will become in my opinion. That decentralization is an essential component for the future success of Grin. Task that are non development serve as groundwork and help speed up the decentralized decision-making process. Transparency and accountability, leads to more participation from the community which is a distinguishable feature of Grin. Adoption and decentralization are always my top priorities.

Main Tasks

• Administrative tasks related meeting

• Agenda maintenance.
    • Transcribe meeting notes and summary.
    • Decision log updates.
    • Tracking Task List.
  • Finance PR Contributing to grincc/finance PR for transparency and accountability.

• Prepare account & financial reports.
    • Spending and payment logs
    • Quarterly transparency reports bookkeping and publish.
  • Management and Tracking payments

• Tracking, calculating and drafting the transaction list for payment requests.
    • Responsibility of bookkeeping, managing the CC Grin wallet payments.
  • Writing & Publishment of Developments, upgrades and news.

• Grinpost newsletter.
    • Grinpost medium.

Misc Tasks.

• Contributing to Grincc/hub and other /docs repos.

• Keeping contact with Grin ecosystem such as mining, exchanges.

• Any task or duties assigned by GRINCC or Core members, Grin community, such as editing, documenting, search, contact and maintaining responsibilities regarding GRIN.

• Help with organizing and planning, as well as taking an active role in Grin-related meetups or other events such as workshop-hackathons.

I am open to all suggestions and ideas, anything that may encourage the widespread use of GRIN.

3 Likes

I don’t think these should be paid out in grin unless the fund already holds adequate grin reserves to so.

:+1: Grin funds are down at the moment but we need to withdraw the mining rewards still.
In case funds are insufficient, we can pay in BTC till the community miners caught up with the spendings.

1 Like

December is almost over, it would make more sense to do it from January to April 2023.

My point would be that I don’t think the fund should be actively trading BTC for Grin on the market. Even small trades can induce significant slippage and you’re basically speculating at that point with significant risk of loss. If the fund receives Grin donations it makes sense to pay those out, but I don’t support active conversion of BTC funds to Grin.

And you are correct, @Trinitron that’s why the Mining Farm Project is so important. Very soon, the GrinCC will not need to exchange BTC for Grin. This might be the last time.

Regarding the tasks of the Groundkeepers.

I understand that @Cobragrin is taking quite a load and that the load could be split between the two Groundkeepers, as it was supposed to be.

The main tasks are as follows (and my comments on each of them):

1. Administrative tasks.
  • Agenda maintenance.
  • Transcribe meeting notes and summary.
  • Decision log updates.
  • Tracking Task List.

I think @Cobragrin is doing a great job on this and I support him continuing to do the same).

1. Writing & Publishment of Developments, upgrades and news.
  • Grinpost newsletter.
  • Grinpost medium.

So far the work here is OK. I would like to see more collaboration between @satoshocrat and @Cobragrin. I want to express again that we must be very careful with what is published in the newsletter. One could write the draft and the other could be the editor, because it is important to be very precise with what you write. The content should be better reviewed before publishing, and I am not sure if this is being done.

I would like to see how @satoshocrat performs managing the next two main tasks:

1. Finance PR Contributing to grincc/finance PR for transparency and accountability.
  • Prepare account & financial reports.
  • Spending and payment logs
  • Quarterly transparency reports bookkeeping and publish.
  • Management and Tracking payments
  1. Tracking, calculating and making sure the draft are created.

Drafting the transaction should be done by one of the GrinCC members, not by any of the Groundkeepers.

Someone should seriously decomplicate the financial reporting task, because it’s clearly getting stuck on some unnecessary procedural complexity.

Pick a place for a simple document. When a payment is made, add a line to the document with the amount and the purpose and the date. How hard is that?

It could literally be a forum post with a reply detailing each payment. If you’re going to use Github fine, but not if it means simple updates are going to become 6 month process involving 3 people, 5 meetings, agenda items, and funding request just to write a 12 line list of payments.

1 Like

I am content and comitted to my tasks, I believe I am fulfilling my tasks properly.

The process was stuck on reviewing by some lazy members (feeling ashamed of being one of those lazy members :sweat_smile:), I also requested for some simplifications and linking to a simple overview chart like this:

A graph like this tells all about the communities spending behavior over time and automatically updates when new transactions are made.

3 Likes