Monkyyys market shitposting thread

grin wallet receive -i ~/Desktop/MagicInternetMoney/regift/happybirthdaymom

What if “embrace extand extinguish” by the old banking industry works and they add smart contracts(old definition) to the (important) national currencies?

The real market could be only a shrinking gray market. That’s still a chunk of change (how many poeple pay proper taxes waiting tables, farmers markets or cleaning houses) but’s not the revolution I’m looking for. That’s a case where it breaks "even"ish and I find that more likely then zero.

1 Like

Has the market forgotten that by definition new coins experience infinite inflation (old definition) when they first launch?

It’s starts off with infinite into 100%, into 50% in whatever arbitary time period your looking at. And we aren’t even out a month yet and I believe markets have at least muliyear foresight.

Bitcoin took 2 years to be worth fractions of pennies, and right now I can’t short this price so this is not an adversarial knowlegse enverment, I could make a model and calculate how silly this price is, but can we not?

1 Like

It would be interesting to see this though. Maybe even for posterity.

1 Like

Somebody did:

1 Like

“lets compare grins price to what it will be in years, without considering risk or time preference”

My problem is that time preference in this space has to be extremely high, as money your not investing in bitcoin… is money not invested in bitcoin and if you don’t believe in bitcoin your not in grin period.

These high in dollar price estimations are ignoring that your taking extra risk … over bitcoin and bitcoin is likely going to have fantastic returns anyway.

If I was doing this I would make charts of btc domination, assume a geometric curve of market position(btc is first at 50% market, 2nd coin is at 25%, etc; but whatever it looks like now) based off the different btc dominance, then price a growth curve in bitcoin with charts of different bitcoin dominance position and X years till grin become the Yth most important coin

Keeping grin for years, mean counter party risk or tech requirements and loose coins risks in a way, a cold storage wallet of btc or even certain exchanges like coin base or Gemini doesn’t with their far more tested security and age and means grin needs to succeed growing an economy, which i believe will happen but its still a risk and an ongoing one that needs to be factored in for yearly based things.

You can’t presume 0 time preference, in this space especially; or completelky ignoring risks and headaches.

1 Like

How much money could we raise for the “monkyy fucking stop procrastinating and make a spread sheet, then give me a link” kickstarter?

1 Like

https://bitgoal.io/?address=1RjHMhQN4XvHbq7MLrQMmHLQDN5LyvN1V&amount=100.00000000&title=monkyy%20fucking%20stop%20procrastinating%20and%20make%20a%20spread%20sheet

1 Like

OI I dont know that address

or if I do I have no idea how you do and where it is

Starting that fundraiser for that spreadsheet, pessimistically set the target at 100 BTC*.

• all funds will be sent to monkyy and used exclusively for that project.
2 Likes

Post a btc address…

1RjHMhQN4XvHbq7MLrQMmHLQDN5LyvN1V

0.04016 BTC

the fuck?

grinpay your trolling me right?

1 Like

10 ツ!

(these are only the missing characters of this post.)

1 Like

… Ok then, I guess I will be doing that.

Thank you, it means more than you could reasonibly know, seeing as I take the same devil may care appoch to life as I talk, that’s already more money then CT stole from me. I don’t post sob stories, a fair few would call me out on my shit in this case but I’m far less rich then you probably would think knowing I got in btc at 400, even if I’m still doing fine, it would however scare normal poeple.

Turn your Grim into Grin. I sold all my BTC for GRIN on day one and couldn’t be happier.
When BTC $1200? Suggested monkey party ツ (dance across the nation min 01:51:30) soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuLq4fXxX1E

@monkyyy I am sorry for this shill. I must have the information.

Long and short answers are both acceptable. Give me your opinion, and then explain like I’m 5.

A graphic symbol of ‘why privacy matters’ is a backyard hedge between neighbors. Imagine a graphical widget with an auto-dial feature that can illustrate each ‘users’ tolerance levels for privacy using a green “privet” hedge as an example we can all relate to. The greenery grows or shrinks to the way you like and can you can fidget with the chart by numbers while seeing the hedge animation change. Later you might change your mind and want your privet hedge lower or higher on mood. Isn’t that how privacy works, (closes blinds for the night)?

Do you like the idea of: “GRIN ツ 10-n-1” as a tagline?
Privacy being one of 10 super-features with the ‘hedge widget’ as an example of an on boarding tool?
Featuring 9 other super-features would balance out the message so it’s not a leading statement then.
Cheers.

1 Like

I think there is a good idea in here. We could create an experience around privacy through life action video with a decision tree, and it collects information about you based on your answers, “Why Privacy Matters.” These are disposable experiences designed to promulgate a message. At the end we generate some results that shows how much privacy matters to you. And then, we have out opportunity to show them what the consequences are, in relationship to why you should use Grin.

That takes us back to the question:

• why does privacy matter?
  • Why do we want it?
  • What have we given up that Grin will give back?

My opinion is that this can either be lighting in a bottle, or it is an art. This facet should encompass a lot of thinking behind it. You want to get as much latitude with symbolic and metaphoric value as possible and ideally you want to communicate an affect. It could be a thought, “Think Different” that means something about you if you use it. It could be an action “Just do it.” that transforms you when you use it.

Or it can be the mission statement. I recommend that we use this as our departure point. Ideas can develop from there. What comes to mind from this statement for you?

Re: Grin

It’s clearly built in the same cypherpunk spirit that Bitcoin was: increased freedom/sovereignty through technology.

That looks like a mission statement to me. The brand handle should encompass so much. but most importantly it must be understandable at face value instantly.

GRIN
ツ 10-n-1

What comes into your head from what we are doing here at Grin using that statement above as your departure point? “increased freedom/sovereignty through technology.” Apply to Grin.

What you’re asking is a great question.

What are the tenets of its meaning system?
And what are the dimensions of its personality based on its unique qualities. That is where the story is. The Epic of Grin.

A brand is an instrument. When you think about Grin, there is a synaptic association. What is the cognitive reflex of ideas that you have? If we play the right chords, in the right sequence, then we have music. If we have music, then we can make people dance.

That is Grin.

1 Like