Monkyyys market shitposting thread

I think we have the answer. It’s time to dive into that and get Christoph and others looking into the Trojan Horse play. We’ll conceal the scary stuff with a seductive cult brand. And we’ll optimize it to get them to use Grin.

Words.

1 Like

@mseider look at what your presence resulted in. An answer. A strategy.

And that is why we want disagreement here. Because it always opens a new door.

Thanks team.

I’m starting to feel like the market is going to stabilize soonish. That was really really quick and rather painless for what I was expecting; no?

Did people buy in based on the fact the top three exchanges announced it?

its amazing how many people got in touch to me to buy grin.

amazing. as fact its almost impossible to use escrow and thats not the best f or now, but there are a lot of users that are looking to buy offline otc.

i take this like a very good sign for the future!

1 Like

Roughly how many and at what price?

I guess I am still limited in daily messages here and that’s sad. But arround 600 I succeded to sell, sadly I wished for way more but its tough as there is no way to track a transaction so a third party is useless.

I started to sell OTC at 60k sats now it went up as the demand is bigger to 75k

… thats 1/2 price, no?

well not really. when i had my last trade done the price was 0.00105 on exchange, so it’s like 3/4 of the price.

Maybe I’m super blind but I don’t see it there.

Yeah I’m a developer and have been for a long time. I’m perfectly capable of working with the CLI wallet we have, but anyone who says this - How to use the Grin wallet · mimblewimble/docs Wiki · GitHub - is equal to “Imagine just attaching money (the .json file) to your happy birthday grandma email” has some serious blinders on. You’ve got to be joking. Square, apple pay, venmo, etc are incredibly simple and easy to use.

Good luck getting grandma to set up her grin wallet with the command line so that she can:

grin wallet receive -i my_grin_transaction.tx

And then send that back to you so that she can actually get the money. Even by crypto standards this is laughably absurd.

To be clear I’m not trying to dog the project, I love the idea and I’m mining and following along, but there is a LONG ways to go and “sending an email” is not a good experience. Currently I can send money with the other person not being online or even aware I’m doing it and the money just shows up in their checking account. If it isn’t as good as that, it’s not going to win over normal people.

2 Likes

Driving a car is not easier than sending crypto, yet millions of people gladly learn how to do it because of what they get out of the effort. It is never about the tools, it is about utility. Right now, there is not much that people would get out of using Grin, a bit more about bitcoin yet, in any crypto case, certainly not as much as learning how to handle USD – even if that means heavy KYC, people will do because at the end the utility outweigh the cons – not because it is easier.

Just spreadsheet tweaking a few numbers around an emission model is not going to create spend-ability nor utility on its own – the word “dog” does not bark. Sending crypto like email is already there in fact (stellar federation) and no one really cares (reason above) – back to our utility conundrum.

1 Like

@cryptotrader. Hi why are you selling your grins? If you have a farm, I could understand but if you have a few gpus, why? To get 300 400 bucks? That will change nothing man. 4 or 5 times in a restaurant and it’s gone. Just keep your grins. There are very big vc’s who are buying everything. Just mine and keep it for 4years till the inflation is ‘normal’

robbert:

Read it please.
I followed mimblewimble and grin since 2016 and is way different than anything before.

just don’t do ct

he’s probably gone now, but just no

coin gecko has a how to wallet 713 its email today.

Does anyone else use their email list?

What do you mean monkey?

He’s a fruad.

. . . .

Oké thanks man.

Outlook voor Android downloaden

Oké thanks man. Btw I am not buying/selling. Just mining but wanted to know why a person is selling his coins, but thanks for the tip

Outlook voor Android downloaden

The fact beams market cap is 2/3rds of grin has me a little concerned while full unit insanity seems to be in effect over there with in being very close to exactly 1$

3 days ago was also when 4$ price point was set.

Still holding off on my buy in, I don’t like that the market is treating these projects similarly, when I don’t like beams chart with that 20 cent drop onto a very flat $

Outlandish prediction but beam to 50 cents, and the 4 to 1 ratio while irrational pulls grin down with it with a sharp spike to 2$ but quick recovery to 3ish during the next week

Its still bugging me that the pricing seems to still be in usdt despite the volume could suggest otherwise