Monkyyys market shitposting thread

Today I studied Binance DEX for a while and came to the conclusion that we could make something similar for Grin (but ofc with the open source code).

So I think It would be better to move the discussion to a new thread. Since @SiriusB already has something WIP, maybe he can start it? I’d like to hear more details. :slight_smile:

What do you think?

1 Like

POST MOVED TO SEPARATE THREAD FOR MONKYYYS. see the separate thread

1 Like

Igno hasn’t been active for 3 weeks. If he left the project, it’ll have effect on the price.

Do you mean postively or negatively?

I’ve watched 3 cults of personalitys raise and fall in my political circles, I don’t think they are pretty, raising an anonymous to godhood who refuses to speak seems like a good solution to the problem. I’m not sure if either Satoshi or iggy did it intentionally but outcomes don’t care about intentions. If he did really disappear it’s kinda early but whatever.

In my opinion it’d be too early, so negative.

But if he disappears successfully the risk of him having a mental breakdown telling everyone to buy bitcoin cash drops to zero. And my other personal examples are less kind.

Cults of personalitys are dangerous, and fathering a currency(the most important form of governence) is bound to get poeple emotionally invested.

I’ve been watching, the systems to absorb the shock have been built. I wouldn’t worry about it.

It’s of course really early, the true bottom isn’t in and then the price hasn’t doubled multiple times. So there’s no one who put in thier life savings who has seen it double(something I would worship for) so this would be far far to early to be worrying about such risk, maybe it’s a test run.

It would be unfortunate if he’s gone dark already.

@igno.peverell

His last commit was 3 days ago…

edit: this is incorrect. as of writing this he hasn’t made any commits himself in over a month

1 Like

How do you know? According to https://github.com/ignopeverell it doesn’t seem to be true.

Wouldn’t it just mean $10,000 per month more?

You’d just hire another developer, as he was the third hired anyway. Besides Grin has enough hype for people to want to contribute. The only thing would be how to do the hard fork next month, if any of this is even true. If the price tanked, it be a good opportunity to dive in, just like when similar drama tanked ETC. Many of these guys look obese, unhealthy and mentally troubled. The world has eight billion people. People come and go. Satoshi’s vanish helped bitcoin more than anything, and the troubling fact that he owns most of them isn’t even true for Grin.

I’m right next to a major university for computer science whose professors have made coins in the top 100 (I’ve narrowed it down to a few places, yes). The crypto club that meets regularly has 20-30 4.0 whiz kids from one of the top schools who would jump for a chance to work on Grin for 120K. As many as are foreign nationals, you could get probably get two geniuses for 60 a piece. That’s one tiny place in the entire world.

So even if this were true, which it probably isn’t (sounds like eighth grade girl drama), who cares?

Hopefully God will heal him if he’s troubled, but one man’s personal hell does not change the real world an iota no matter how intensely it is experienced.

In other words, if you’re not thinking about, what’s wrong with right now?

Yes, it seems I was wrong! You are correct…

I think it is a bad sign when leaders leave.

Igno and Satoshi is the same person and he just started another coin probably :wink:

2 Likes

Price rising quickly again. Currently $6.50. That’s +25% in 24 hours.

btc when up 10% 2 days ago and the price is the same as it was in grin/btc.

eddys

And a return to .0004, beam is still being pumped for reasons I can’t fathom, and the those on hopium went silent.

Calling .0003 when beam collapses and we return to normal levels of knife catching; hopefully it kills the beam connection for good as we step ever closer to basic sanity.

BTC gone crazy, up 20% on the daily and then a sizable crash with bounce. Grin not participating.

I don’t know if BTC is participating. You seem them shorts? Screw knife, I’m thinking guillotine.

Bleeding out with the rest of the alts, that last little dead cat bounce was the nail in the coffin that grins run up is temporarily over. TA wise, it looks like its going to retrace the whole move, and it won’t be back at 2 bucks due to the big increase in BTC, but will probably sit somewhere in the high $2.8-$3.5 range. I mean if it goes back to the trading range prebreakout level, theres a good chance its gonna make ATL against BTC.

Call me crazy, but doesn’t it look like a fractal from the last pump. Don’t really trade these fractals but would be pretty funny to see it play out like this. Weeks of selling into a relief pump --> small consolidation --> into a bigger rally.