Jankie - progress update thread

Hello Fellow GRiN’ers,

I will be using this post as an ongoing progress-log for the sake of transparency and input from the Community. I have been working with fellow Groundskeeper StakerVali and the Community Council to formalize a workflow that allows the GRiN project to meet regular maintenance requirements while remaining flexible to meet additional requirements as they present themselves. See the first iteration of the finalized Groundskeeper Work initiative here & my initial funding request here

Progress Update for Sept.01-Oct.31

Newsletters - joint collaboration with StakerVali

141: Newsletter Resumes
142: Growing Organized Sub Communities
143: Realizing POW Chain Security

Agenda and Meeting Notes - cycle work with StakerVali (1 on 1 off)

31-08-2021 Community Meeting Notes
28-09-2021 Community Meeting Notes

Developer Outreach Awareness Initiative

‘Code An Economy’ creative live on grin_privacy twitterthanks to @Neo handling the grin_privacy!- Plan is to re-purpose this post by screen-capping and sharing across various social(s)/forums/channels.

R/Rust Jobs Post is livethanks to @satoshocrat ongoing networking -This post is updated on each Rust release. Plan is to keep this post updated upon fresh updates.

I am also networking with individuals by way of direct communication on various channels. For example, on the R/Rust Jobs Post there is a section where individuals may present their experience from here I direct message based on if they may fit. Plan to continue this direct form of developer outreach and expand onto other social(s)/forums/channels

In addition to maintaining current developer outreach assets, I plan on a continual expansion of newly developed strategies.

Past Developer Contact

It was proposed that a potential source for project developer input would be by re-contacting past developers who have shown an interest in the project that may have moved on to other things. Just a matter of keeping the bridge open and maintaining a working relationship. There are various points of interest regarding past developers and I am currently working on sourcing contacts from these sources. Work is ongoing.

Working-Group Initiative

Growing an engaging and active community requires an element of organization. Thoughtful and creative working-groups may focus on topics of interest. Working out how to foster the growth and sustainability of these sub-groups has been shown to be of significant importance to the community. Work is ongoing.

Misc

-Coingecko exchange support: Working with various community members we were able to ensure that the coingecko team was provided essential project information so that GRiN coin listing was uninterrupted.

Outlook

I am grateful for the opportunity to contribute to a project that seeks to make a positive change in the world of finance as finance has the ability to impact many lives. Moving forward I would like to become more efficient in my working process and I believe this will be so as the learning curve begins to taper. I want to build strong community connections with like minded individuals who may be interested in cryptography, philosophy and open source coding. I remain committed to asset maintenance, developing new strategies, designing new creatives, and expanding awareness that progresses the GRiN project.

Please don’t hesitate to critique, request initiatives, or make a suggestion-

“The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson

11 Likes

Nice work on the developer outreach!

I am collecting//listing scattered grin resources, such as scritps, programs as well as documentation:

There is growing list of link-outs to old and new repositories related to Grin. The list is not complete, but it already shows that Grin has a wider support then some community members might realize. Some of the people working on these projects might also be interested to work on Grin for payments, I think most if not all of these coders did their work without direct pay.
Once we completed this list, we can also contact the developers of these projects.

2 Likes

here is growing list of link-outs to old and new repositories related to Grin… Once we completed this list, we can also contact the developers of these projects.

I agree- these resources have immense value to sourcing past developer contributions. There is a deep well here that may be tapped thanks to GRiN being open and transparent since day 1. Also past gitter channel, mailing-list, forum post, github and on…

Grin has a wider support then some community members might realize

After diving into various sources there is clearly a large group of individual contributors who have dedicated work and energy for GRiNs progress. As far as I can tell GRiN launch was met with massive support among a wide cryptography audience. Many may have moved onto something shiny, or some may have simply had life move them elsewhere- but GRiN is somewhere in the consciousness- there is just a massive amount of noise in the cryptospace. I have a theory many people may be watching technology from the sidelines, the wait and see approach; as technology is an evolution of sorts. but I wonder how we can get individuals off the fence and into the game or like our discussion here, how to get valued developers back to contributing resources hence here we are :slight_smile: Much appreciation for the feedback Anyn

1 Like

A transparency report on the Groundskeeper initiative for community review and feedback.

Progress update for Nov.01-Dec.31.2021

Newsletters

!UPDATE : Defistaker and I have agreed and are moving from joint collab to individual responsibility on newsletter publishing and meeting transcription. While we remain committed to working collaborative through assisting each other and communicating ideas and strategy, moving forward I will be responsible individually for the further publishing of the Grin news substack and transcribed GrinCC meeting notes; with this adjustment we seek to maximize efficiency, and transparency by allowing each of us to focus on individual initiatives without juggling tasks back and fourth.

Releases:
144: Tools and Scripts Hub Available for Browsing
145: A New Mining Guide for the Newly Launched GAEA-Pool
146: The BISQ Decentralized Exchange - Let’s Make it Official
147: New Markets, New Bounties, and Joining The Fediverse
148: Together with Friends, Family, and a Grin Vacation

On each newsletter release it is immediately shared across various channels: bitcointalk format post, reddit/grincoin, telegram, and Grin forum (identify new channels to share ongoing)

Community Meeting Transcription

!See update above. And a big thanks goes out to Defistaker for his commitment and hard work on publishing past newsletters and transcribing half of all the Grin Community meeting notes; all this in addition to his ongoing Grincc site development! I hope that this transition allows Defistaker some cleared up headroom to run with and build out additional creatives.

Transcription:
December 21 2021 Community Meeting Notes
November 23 2021 Community Meeting Notes
October 26 2021 Community Meeting Notes

Developer Outreach Awareness

Developer outreach is crucial to Grin’s success as it is my assessment that this group categorically includes both the innovators and the early adopters of the product. By ongoing marketing of the available bounties and development opportunities Grin meets valuable strategic demands by way of increased awareness and new developer contributions. As such the maintenance and expansion of developer contact points will continue to be a focus. I am happy to report, though not surprising, is that I am receiving positive feedback from the developer community who have not otherwise heard of Grin prior and even seeing some of these developers joining in development channels.

Outreach:

• /r/Rust jobs post maintenance update in 1.57 thread - thanks again to @satoshocrat for providing the credentialed post; without him this doesn’t go live

• Direct networking through personal correspondence - 42 developers contacted who specialize in rust with emphasis on opensource support.

Misc

Together with the massive support from the dynamic Grin community and developers, the GRN-BTC listing on BISQ was successfully implemented. A big piece of the Groundskeeping initiative is identifying points of interest that may have been overlooked and assisting in any way possible. With the BISQ dex exchange Grin developers made updates that were overlooked by the bisq team at the time, so to me it seemed to be a matter of bumping the thread and bring in the energetic Grin community to respond. And with special thanks going out to @renzokuken , who without the Grin payment-proof verification it would have been difficult to have had success.

Outlook

In addition to the various maintenance tasks, and further GrinCC repo additions; I see Grin as one of the rare examples of digital cash technology principled in fairness and privacy as a human right, just as Satoshi Nakamoto and Ignotus Peverell intended. As such I propose to develop a ‘press kit’ that would be sent out to media outlets as Grin reaches successful development milestones. The objective is to let Grin be known on the merits of it’s technological progress. If media outlets choose to ignore Grin while focusing on market pump projects, nft collections, etc then so be it; least the Grin community can be confident that the memo has been sent.

As always please don’t hesitate to critique, make suggestions, or provide feedback.

3 Likes

weekly transparency log (March 14-20):

• Transcribe meeting notes subsequent PR(s)

• DeveloperOutreach

• Direct contact outreach to (6) candidates with intro to project information (contacts sourced from reddit r/rust work post)
    • Made backup alt reddit account for censorship resistance
    • Frequent review of contact accounts for response
  • SocialOutreach

• Github Maintenance

• Edit notes/meeting-notes.md date format to fix notes out of order
    • Repair backlinks due to edit in date format subsequent PR(s)
    • Update Decision_log.md with anchors to point in notes Subsequent PR
  • Research & Misc

• Collecting articles, journals, media etc for inclusion in GrinCC-HUB
    • Building decentralized communities: investigating what other projects are doing that work

As a groundskeeper my work as a facilitator with the community council is in service to the community; I encourage everyone to add feedback, suggestions and/or task initiatives here for discussion

3 Likes

Transparency log (March 20-Apr 3):

• Transcribe Mar.26 meeting notes subsequent PR(s)

• DeveloperOutreach

• Direct contact outreach to (4) candidates with intro to project information (contacts sourced from github Rust project developers) !No replies from last batch will send follow up this week
    • Frequent review of contact accounts for response
  • Publish Grin Newsletter #154 154: New Spring Brings Fresh Node and Wallet Updates🌻

• Social Outreach

• Research & Misc

• Sourcing local print shops for stickers and promotion materials for community sub-group events

As a groundskeeper my work as a facilitator with the community council continues to be in service to the community; I encourage everyone to add feedback, suggestions and/or task initiatives here for discussion :v:

2 Likes