I am Ignotus - In dedication to Ignotus Peverell

If we don’t start making a big deal about things no one will know what Grin is.

The best technology does not win. Only what is best communicated and used by the wider population. My Xbox 360 HD DVD drive is a daily reminder to me of this.

I 'm sorry I read your words as you throwing shade. I shall try and see your point of view. To me it feels like cognitive dissonance to think its OK to wear a slogan, but not to write it or be OK with people writing it. If we are part of a wider community then some of us will feel like talking and sharing things that others feel that is unnecessary.

Thank you for your reply…
In my opinion…

I am Ignotus

I believe that we are Ignotus

3 Likes

Exactly! Thank you!

This is obvious and I fail to see where you’ve drawn the association that he was dead. Nonetheless, It’s already been perfectly addressed by the community. Thank you @Yawser

I see where your coming from. To speak the truth, I got the idea from a post by @newtownf1 who signed off his post with “I am Igno”. So I can’t take credit for starting this. That ingenuity belongs to @newtownf1.

I don’t know what you mean “by the people doing it”. I posted this on my own. I don’t know more about @newtownf1, @Yawser & the other members seen in the photos apart from what they communicate on this forum. The only thing each of us displayed was common ground.

It’s only an idea on an uncategorized thread. It wasn’t categorized under announcements and doesn’t ask that people us the signature. It only confirms that some members of the community have been using it. I can’t see how a thread/post implies a “big organized effort by the wider community”. If anything, it’s a small and disorganized effort by what was at the time of posting a single member of the community

Apologies If this thread has offended anyone.

I am Ignotus

1 Like

FAQ now contain a ‘Don’t sign your posts’ rule. As such this thread now runs against community guidelines. I have flagged this thread & request that moderators delete it. Will also inform those who might have been inspired to use the “I am Ignotus” signature to refrain from doing so.

Thanks

1 Like

Sounds like censorship. My post is the only post I have noticed out of 500 with pictures from outside. I took then from the the video of the Amsterdam meet up. I am saddened that a new rule to ban signatures now exists. It would be good to know who wrote these rules in the FAQ and when.

I took to heart the promises of community decentralisation and have been told explicitly that we do not need to ask for any permission to act.

I joined this forum in Apr. I have been a passive on the site. Now I have only started to be active this week and feel that there is a distinct lack of freedom of speech.

I cant see why anything here has prompted this reaction and a New section to the code of conduct.

My belief in the freedom of this community is dented.

1 Like

@Swizz_beatz Sorry you go through this. I like youre thinking

2 Likes

The intent is honorable, but signatures don’t contribute to discussion, and they take up space. I support disallowing them.

2 Likes

Signatures are dated and take up space. Plus we’re all grin enthusiasts here we don’t need to show it off.

Don’t think of it as censorship as much as community disagreement that it’s a good idea. Enthusiasm is great but there are more productive places and ways to do it

1 Like

@Yawser @Swizz_beatz

Cross-posting @david’s response from Gitter:

David Burkett12:58
The content has been the same since long before your post: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://forum.grin.mw/guidelines
Nobody is trying to censor you. Your post is fine, and I’m sure nobody thinks it’s in violation of any ToS or anything

The rule referred to has nothing to do with recent posts or censorship. It’s asking people to not sign their own posts with their username, as it is redundant - readers are already able to tell who the sender of the post is.

For instance, if I would sign this post off with:

“Regards,
Lehnberg”

That would not add much to the conversation. There’s no need to do that.

6 Likes

Thank you .

I am Ignotus

1 Like

“Every single member in Grin community is Ignotus.”
I think it’s his intention.

3 Likes

This doesn’t mean GRIN will pop like BTC or other coins which some the origin creator off retired. The key is, whether the community effort ability to further it with legacy intention. Cheer.

1 Like

Ceci n’est pas un Ignotus.

39 Likes

Great! Great! Great!

2 Likes

Totally agree with you buddy

1 Like

My first day here after reading this excellent summation article about Grin.

Frankly, I am hoping more than this idolizing “I am Igno” stuff. For most people who actually do the open source work, this will sound stupid. They do it for the love of craft.

For the marketers kind, of course, “I am Igno” may sound cool.[Grin article]

Day to day conversation bores me, but the topics/conversation in this forum confuse me in ways that make this forum very special in my heart.

feels like the firrrrrst time, feels like the very first time

What a neat time to be alive y’all. Cheers.

That’s the spirit dude :grin::grin::grin::+1:

1 Like

No one needs to make a big deal out of Grin either?

It is sad to see people curb others enthusiasm.

Me: Wow I’m excited by your product!!

Grin developer: Excuse me don’t be too excited and don’t express it in a way I find annoying.

I hope this time round enthusiasm is allowed to evolve.

As for me, I don’t find anything about grin exciting at the moment.

I am really hoping that this changes. I love the idea of Grin but something is not working.

I want to love Grin again.

4 Likes

Will the founder ignotus pavell suddenly appear in the community one day? What’s in front of you? expect!

Dedicated to Ignotus Peverell

Full resolution GrinArt/IgnotusPeverellglitch.png at main · grinsingularity/GrinArt · GitHub

5 Likes