Grinmint Mining Pool

So…hard fork or what ? I still received valid shares way after 8am UTC and now I cannot connect to any endpoint. Whats up?

Hi @damwg, could you clarify your issue? If you were mining cuckaroo29 then your shares have been rejected since block 262080 which was mined at 9:45 UTC (so a bit later than what we expected). Why can’t you connect to any endpoint?

Hi,
I´m experiencing issues since the latest TLS update. Seems like the server is not connected to my miner but my rig it’s still working right, apparently, and keeps giving me quite “Shares accepted” .
Does anyone having the same problem?
eu TLS server, latest cuck29.

After the hard fork my hash rate decreased dramatically. I’ve been tweaking a little bit the grin-miner.toml, but the result is not a significant change.
My average rate previous the hard fork was around 5.2 gps, currently I’m having just 1.9gps.
I’m on cuckaroom29 using and old 8gb cards.
Not sure if I can squeeze and overclock the rig or the config file is not properly tuned.
Could you please share your Hash rate and thoughts?

Hi @ddd,
This is normal. Also I’d recommend that you use a mining software such as lolMiner, bminer or gminer which are much faster.

I have been using grinmint for a long time.
I think it’s really great because slatepack is available.

However, I am suffering from high reject rate.

I for comparison. f2pool eu server, grinmint eu server, tried mining each, f2pool was 0%, grinmint was 3-5%.
Is this an unsolvable problem?

f2pool is a bad comparison since they don’t check your shares immediately.
Grinmint rejected shares are either:

• Bad shares
  • Shares sent too late (a new block has been found)

However the profitability remains the same between the two.

2 Likes

Thanks you.

Does the region reduce reject?
I mining in Asia. Are you planning to add a server for Asia?

1 Like

It’s very possible that the region influence the latency. We could add an Asia endpoint though I’m not sure if many people will use it. Going to investigate.

2 Likes

Is it true that f2pool only works with the Linux version of the rust wallet implementation? I did not get Grin++ to work with f2pool which I use fo my G1 Mini.

I’ve no idea unfortunately. Grinmint does support slatepack though :slight_smile:.

1 Like

@quentinlesceller does grinmint work with G1 Mini miner? I tried but did not get it to work.
I tried following the instructions in Grinmints help:

Pool1 : stratum+tcp://eu-west-stratum.grinmint.com:4416 (since G1 Mini uses TSL I asume it is port 4416)
Pool worker1 : someemail+123456@protonmail.com/worker1
Pool1 password: somepassword

If I search on grin-mint on someemail+123456@protonmail.com, or someemail@protonmail.com, I do not see any workers online, also my miner dashboard indicates I am not mining. Anyone who is mining successfully with the G1 (mini) on grinmint?

1 Like

Can you try to remove the worker name? Also ping me on discord I can help you there.

2 Likes

I just added you on Discord

1 Like

I’m using port 3416 and it’s working fine.
Pool address and workers have similar settings.

Use port 3416, Try it.

2 Likes

Thanks it works with
So Pool1 : stratum+tcp://eu-west-stratum.grinmint.com:3416
Pool worker1 : someemail+123456@protonmail.com/worker1
password: somepassword

Probably I made a silly mistake like a typo or so before.

2 Likes