BEAM price higher than GRIN today

Is that such a bad thing? Shill is a harsh word but we gotta get the word out somehow. We dont have a marketing team and there’s 5000+ shitcoins.

All of which seem to perform better than our beloved grin.

Edit: many core devs of BTC advocate hodl. It’s not such a bad thing to acknowledge we are in a mostly speculative market.

Encouraging devs to give a financial advice they are not 100% sure of is not cool. I much prefer them to say nothing or say not to expect profits. The point of the project was never for anyone to profit, but rather to solve an issue that exists. It’s why it was referred to as one of the fairest launches ever.
It’s much easier for Bitcoin devs to have that narrative now that Bitcoin has been in production for over 10 years, has lower than 2% yearly inflation and has all the network effects. It’s not a fair comparison imo.

1 Like

Saying nothing is much preferred than something negative.

I feel like the purists on this board are ignoring one simple fact.

IN ORDER TO GET ADOPTION, YOU HAVE TO OWN GRIN.

And the ones saying we need more adoption are also the ones telling everyone – DONT BUY GRIN. IT WILL GO DOWN.

How does that make any sense to you?

Step 0 of getting adoption: You have to own GRIN … either buy it or mine it – neither of which are profitable things to do right now.

You have given early adopters of GRIN no incentive to own it. Only disincentives. Hence, no adoption is happening.

I have never said buy grin. But if you could use grin in more places, if there were more use cases than hodl and lose money, then there would be demand to buy it (so you can use it where it’s accepted). If all crypto projects were just for HODL and just for speculation then what is the point of trying to change the financial world or change any of the use cases that blockchain is intended to replace? Can you name any low cap coin that has a movement advantage over bitcoin? I suspect you cant so you are cherry picking what is happening to grin and pretending it is occurring only to grin. Despite claiming youve been around for forever, you have proven you really dont understand market dynamics at all. If grin had bitcoin emission schedule nothign would be different right now, the inflation rate would be identical to what it is right now. The only difference would be that stupid people that dont understand the concept of “infinite” supply wouldnt have that FUD to screw up their small minds.

5 Likes

Everyone who doesnt understand teh concept of “infinite” supply is a moon boy who should never be catered to. If you have an intelligent complaint about the emission curve please provide one, catering to stupid people who dont undersand that it isnt infinite is a bad argument.

1 Like

Please provide any meaningful analysis of coins that are performing better than grin. Keep in mind that zero is an asymptote for value. Dont just say things for the sake of saying them, the whole market is shit and you pretend as if grin is the only coin that isnt outperforming bitcoin

Saying “dont buy grin” is just telling stupid moon boys that expect massive profits in short terms to go away. It makes more sense than to tell them “buy grin but only do so if you are willing to wait 5-10+ years and only do so with money you do not need” and then get into an argument with stupid people who dont undersand what infinite supply really means

In order to get adoption you have to have a use case and demand. This is what causes people to buy something. The only one you are considering is an increase in value via HODL demand. You are very narrow minded and HODL demand is at a all time low when the inflation rate is at an all time high… This is true for EVERY coin and also true for beam (although they deviated from bitcoin schedule by halving after 1 year).

You guys are forgetting the point here, the point of grin (for our lifetime) is to use it. The moon boy friendly “scarce” coins are not really meant for using. They will build out all this infrastructure to use and people are still incentivized to hodl. The only way scarce coins are going to get used in the future is if some economy or use case relies on it, otherwise they will just be held. Pure speculative hodl is the shittiest use case of all, grin needs real use cases and that will cause the demand

1 Like

In order to get adoption you have to have a use case and demand.

ANY USE CASE, requires you to own GRIN. Name one important GRIN use case where you don’t have to use GRIN.

Saying “dont buy grin” is just telling stupid moon boys that expect massive profits in short terms to go away.

It worked. They’re all gone – along with most other people hoping to make some money off GRIN whether its mining or investing. They took their hits and left. Good riddance, right? The message is loud and clear: we don’t want people who just want to make money on GRIN to be part of this community.

Pure speculative hodl is the shittiest use case of all, grin needs real use cases and that will cause the demand

But EVERY use case starts with 1 simple fact. You have to OWN THE COIN. If you don’t own GRIN, you can’t use it.

2 Likes

Zcoin, XMR, Zen and Zcash are all privacy coins that vastly outperformed grin in the last 3 months.

So did ETH, beam and many many others. Not sure what charts you are looking at.

1 Like

Ignotus predicted such threads

1 Like

3 months performance for coins that arent at peak emission is quite ridiculous. How have they performed vs grin in the last year? Better yet, how have they performed vs bitcoin and what is that ratio compared to how grin has compared vs bitcoin? Beam only did less shitty, that is still losing money. You arent making any reasonable points here. Losing less money is a horrible argument.

No, use cases CAUSE people to buy grin. The other way around is far less likely. And as explained, but you seem incapable of grasping, there was never a reasonable expectation to profit off of HODL during max inflation… the only way that would be possible is if USE CASES WERE BUILT TO INCREASE DEMAND. I repeat, HODL is not a use case during max inflation (and a bear market). If you dont understand what I am saying you have no hope. Best of luck that you catch some buy before palm beach pumps it and you sell it before everyone dumps it.

Losing less money is a horrible argument.

Maybe you’re really wealthy and losing less money isn’t a big deal for you. It is for me. I suspect losing less money on any investment is important to most people.

1 Like

You would have lost money on beam. So truly, really, what is your argument for your unintelligent comparison?

but you seem incapable of grasping

But you haven’t answered my question. Name ONE use case of GRIN that doesn’t involve using GRIN.

2 Likes

You would have lost money on beam. So truly, really, what is your argument for your unintelligent comparison?

Losing less money on an investment is a BIG WIN for many investors. It is not unintelliigent. It is actually quite intelligent for an investor to want to lose less money.

1 Like

If product/service X accepts grin, only accepts grin, makes it easy to accept grin, you value the privacy aspect of paying with grin… then you need to go buy grin to use/buy product/service X. The demand for the use case drives the purchase, not the other way around. The other way around is only true for essentially bitcoin, and maybe a small handful of other coins that are at a maturity level of emission schedule + network effect + use cases to have people owning it be the first step and building a use case be the second step.

1 Like

If product/service X accepts grin, only accepts grin, makes it easy to accept grin, you value the privacy aspect of paying with grin… then you need to go buy grin to use/buy product/service X.

This use case still involves owning GRIN.

I asked you.

Name a use case where you don’t have to own GRIN. You still haven’t answered that question.

OK, well most pumps have favored grin over beam. So you losing money has to do with being a bad trader, doing a poor job on DCA and a poor job at entries and exits. If you cant play the game at the time scale that your emotions are attached then dont play the game. You could have made money on grin vs beam, but YOU made poor decisions and did not.

You are incapable of understanding. You continue to suggest that owning grin is step 1, it is not, there is no short term value to owning it at peak emission with no use cases, especially in a bear market. This is true for all coins at peak emission. Maybe when your emotion subsides you will understand how much you arent grasping what is going on.