3 Reasons Why BEAM is Winning

If you Grinnin’, you winnin’.
If you ‘Beamin’, you dreamin’.

1 Like

Actually, I think you’re right. People says GRIN is only oriented to tech savvy. I believe in GRIN in the long term, but I feel that it’s time to start focusing in he regular user. I met a lot of crypto enthusiasts that aren’t technical at all. The wallet and even the miner should be built for end users.

2 Likes

Exactly. GRIN needs to leapfrog this current gap in the market (ease of use, UX, speed, etc). There’s no excuse it should take 5 or 10 years to make the technology easy to use like Bitcoin, which still has difficulties.

GRIN is building off the backs of giants in this space and should learn from mistakes dozens of projects have made and improve upon them. I’m not seeing that pragmatism and I don’t like this attitude I’m seeing of “screw the avg user, techies only.” It’s ironically elitist given the philosophy of the launch and overall project.

As someone who loved the launch, the principles, and the governance proposal/council structure, I don’t have as much faith in this anymore sadly.

2 Likes

grin isn’t done yet, and building out ux can detract from actually completing core functionality. it’s also not safe for users to use yet, why would we want to make it easier for noobs to something highly experimental and incomplete?

@davidtavarez

2 Likes

Like this?

2 Likes

I’d like to contribute to this idea of using the Katakana character in a circle. The only change I’d make is the choice in font and alignment so that the appears more centered:

1 Like

Serious question @0xb100d: Why launch if we aren’t ready for everyday users? It goes against the idea that Grin’s launch was meant to be fair and accessible to everyone.

3 Likes

It is ready for those willing to learn to use it, so not really ready for mainstream adoption (although the same applies to all other cryptos too).

Furthermore I suspect that the release what somewhat rushed in order to not let Beam steal the spotlight.

4 Likes

Yea, I wondered if the Beam launch had something to do with the timeline. Thanks for the insight!

1 Like

My suspicion is based purely on the coincidental release date. I don’t really have any more insight than you.

2 Likes

Speaking of order, Beam was 1st to use MW top level domain.

1 Like

oh man, the way we are going down, hmmmmmmmm. life below $1

1 Like

Have you not seen this? Grin Wallet - Experimental TOR Integration

3 Likes

So your are saying that Grin should not be taken seriously at this point? If its not safe why the main-net then? If Grin need 10 or more years to become usable, like you are saying in other posts. To me this starts to sound like e scam.

1 Like

You can’t be" safe" before it goes large scale. That is the nature of decentralized things. It is recommended that you understand the underlying technology when getting involved with a cryptocurrency, or you risk end up thinking something is a scam as soon as you end up at a community of honest people instead of shills and bagholders.

Grin does not have any less privacy or decentralization from a technological standpoint than Bitcoin; it is a matter of scale. For what it’s worth, I wouldn’t say Bitcoin is stable and decentralized by any stretch of the imagination.

2 Likes

Either dumping or getting ready to pump, it’s so hard to tell…

1 Like

It’s ready to be tested with real money, that’s why it has to launch. I personally would have preferred more testnets but I really am just a bystander. This is all just my opinion. But if you are going to persecuted for using digital cash, grin may not be foolproof yet, which makes it experimental and dangerous to use.

@grinpay we used .mw domain first. you and beam followed along.

1 Like

Really, I’d only seen the expired dot org. Those Malawi TLD’s seem better because the others look old and out of another era.

1 Like

imagine not boycotting israeli goods… yikes!

1 Like

I’m torn.

To be honest, I once owned some Beam, but I think it’s just wrong to take someone else’s idea and implement it. Yeah, we live in an open source world and at least Beam is doing it’s own implementation - but, it’s still like, taking the Linux kernel, rebranding it as something else and say - Hey I created my own operating system.

Beam is unneccessary fragmentation. With Tari, it’s the same.

HOWEVER, the reason why I tried Beam in the first place was it’s built-in transaction relay nodes. It is super easy to send an receive Beam, and currently, super hard to send and receive Grin.

Some exchanges like BitForex still have a manual process for withdrawals and they need user wallets to be online up to 24 hours. This is a huge joke at the moment.

Unlike gold, crypto currencies are also a brand. If we have too many brands, it’s bad for the community as a whole, because many people will find it rightfully confusing to have 10.000 shitcoins, although with exchanges, it’s theoretically not a problem.