3 Reasons Why BEAM is Winning

Mimblewimble was not Grin’s idea.

5 Likes

Why do you focus so much on beauty, business, consumerism …?
Where are we in a hurry?

There is no abysmal and clunky in sending transactions via Grin ++ … It takes literally 5 minutes to figure it out. And what do you mean by “ordinary user” what does “ordinary” mean and why this “ordinary” user will not be able to figure it out? What will he not have enough to understand …?

Everything goes as it should

Just my 2 grins: beam is a money grab (sorry, but someone has to tell the truth). It might look pretty, but not all that shines is gold.
Grin, is a thought-out technology and a possible future daily, private medium of exchange

6 Likes

I disagree. My point of view on this is the fact that crypto is not meant to be pretty and available for mainstream use. There is something about a cmd line input output that makes a crypto home in our world. Let’s face it crypto will never replace real cash so why should we allow non technical users to use it? Sure some of the open source GUI’s are great projects for grin. But let’s not force crypto into something that it’s not. It’s not pretty. It ain’t for normal people. It is for outlaws that are willing to walk fine lines for their own purpose. Hence grin being built from the community using open source coding. It’s totally fine if you prefer Beam of Grin, but you can’t say one is beating the other after a year. What’s the purpose of any of these anyways? The less user knowledge that is required for users the less we know about the technology we are taking advantage of. You can put makeup on a hog but that doesn’t make it any prettier when you wake up in the morning. :sweat_smile:

Macker

I agree somewhat that Beam is in the “lead” so far mainly because they have a AWSOME wallet.
There wallet is better than any other coin wallet is tried.
It looks good, very easy to use, and its always in “recive” mode in the background.

The Grin node and wallet for Linus/Windows/Osx is good. Easy to install and use.
So we need a Grin wallet that is something like the Beam wallet

This IS the road to any adoption and its very important that we get this fast.

1 Like

This thread did not age well…

lol this is a silly take. no one uses beam nor grin for payments at all, grin and beam do not compete on the fact that beam is centralized, simple as that, there is no competition, other than the typical market speculation on exchanges in which case all coins compete with each other including bitcoin.

Hi, long ago I created an account here because Grin seemed like an interesting proposal. Do you know what attracted me in the first instance? The logo.
There are another 5,000 altcoins, the vast majority try to look ordinarily user friendly to the average user or very technological and interesting. But Grin looks disruptive, it’s the closest thing to the “Anoymous” coin I’ve ever seen. I think it would be one of the currencies preferred by young people. Also, Harry Potter is cool and Grin is more aware of the concept of “MimbeWimble” than others.

Beam’s logo is too similar to Pink Floyd’s “Dark side of the moon” and its sophisticated marketing makes it look a bit far from the quintessential privacy coin.

In my opinion, Grin should follow the Monero path better, it is the most successful disruptive currency today, not because of obvious marketing strategies, but rather because of the community that accredits it. A million followers on reddit credit that Monero is alive and decentralized.
Instead, where are the Grin holders? We don’t see them.
The tweets that talk about Grin? There is almost none.
Grin’s official social media? Dead. Some have not published anything since last year.
If the marketing of this project should focus on something I think it would be those things above.

We should also take a look at Digibyte, another good example that we can have for reference.

There are too many competitors, don’t expect everyone to use Grin in the future. To be honest, currently I wouldn’t put it in my top 30 favorite coins. Neither their technology, nor their marketing, nor their community give me confidence.
What I like most about Grin is its logo and the fact that it looks “underground”. That doesn’t mean you don’t need marketing, you need it urgently! Products, ecosystem, communication and a community that brings this to life.

2 Likes

I have been also suggesting to give the keys of the Twitter account to the community. there is a great a community member @JustAResearcher that is good a tweeting and proposed his services several time in order to bring more fun and less death on Twitter with respect to grin.

But i found it several times quite hard to have responses from counsil members on this topic and a few others.

I would love some of them to be a little responsive because those are important topics.

Last year there were maybe 8 active council members and lots more activity. we need to define and reflect where we want to go as a community.

Is it a research project, or is it a coin trying to have some users now and in the future ?

2 Likes

The main problem is what kind of use most people do with cryptos. People buy cryptos or make exchanges without even know what buy sell or exchange and for what reason. I think its a “crypto wall street game” for most of them.

I dont know if grin or beam winning. The main problem is to understand why we use grin or other cryptos and how to use them correct.

Being “underground” or use a “strange” technology these days is quite mainstream and doesn’t mean anything. Sometimes I remember 90s linux users talking about their choose to use linux but no one really cares or understand why or how to use linux even the same persons that use linux… Just a “difference” for the “difference”.

The first thing in my opinion is to understand why we use grin or beam and mimble wimble and what we want from these coins. Whats their use and why to use grin or beam. Is grin a coin for secure and anonymous transactions or is just another coin between thousand cryptos that people probably choose in the crypto “wallstreet” game? Grin based on a technology so theres a reason for some people to use it.

If we remember the old days of bitcoin, we can remember that bitcoin grown because black markets started a mass use and promote it for secure and anonymous transactions. That was the reason for people start use it and in the same time bitcoin started become huge. Of course and other people used it in the same time not only for illegal activities.

So in my opinion the winner will be the first that will do the right use to make it huge even if its in the deep underground…

Imagine if grin was in wallets like exodus or atom and anyone could exchange it or buy it easy…

1 Like

It’s nice but fake, right?

I agree that Grin has yet to exploit its potential as a privacy currency.
The truth, I see it quite usable for the deep web. I know that involves illegal acts, but there are good uses for privacy too. Grin could be the “anti-hero” of cryptocurrencies :grin:

We can help the community to promote content on social networks related to the importance of private transactions, many of the general public do not know. But even many heroic actions are done from anonymity (popular cases: Wikileaks, Anonymous and Bitcoin itself).
Today with so many protests and problems in various governments, corruption and espionage by even communications companies, people will really love this technology.

3 Likes

Are you willing to go out and promote Grin? If I receive the gear/swag I could do it in my city :sunglasses:

To be fair, Grin has a tiny community so far mainly because it has never really rallied speculatively in price, which is how most shitcoins gathered up community members. It’s pure exposure.
I wouldn’t worry too much about that. This community is very organic and quite impressive considering the times.

10 Likes