Why are you interested in Grin?

I recently bought around 100 Grin. 50 of them are stuck on Kucoin, hopefully they´ll fix the transaction to wallet. Another 50 are result of mining.
I really like to collect at least 1K. Not sure if I should wait for some significant dip, or buy.
I bet the price will increase but also decrease during this year, so maybe I´ll load it in small portions. What do you think guys?

1 Like

KuCoin is really shady. I would avoid them as much as possible.

1 Like

I see there are more exchanges like Poloniex, Hitbtc, Bittrex selling GRIN as well

Since GRIN is new so it’s pretty hard to predict the price. However, I guess we’re going to bull run so every coin will go up. Only invest which you can afford to lose.

1 Like

I don´t know, their support is fine.
They reply immediately and try to solve issues.

I just buy a little bit here and there, that way I’m not really emotionally effected by the price swings. Having 1000 would be cool, grin is pretty scarce and that’s a substantial % of the grin in circulation. There are ~12 million grin in circulation and it’s $2.30 per grin, whereas compared to something like ETH, with 100’s of million in circulation (and a huge portion of that pre-mined), and eth is $250 per. It just seems like a huge opportunity to me when I read back over my list of reasons why I’m interested in grin above.

Even just having the 50 you have could have a big impact on your life. Who knows. This is fun!

3 Likes

Well, the future will tell us. Anyway I am pretty glad the Grin is still a bit unknown crypto.
A little hype at first has washed out and now it´s the age of silence, which is good I think.
Not many people really know about this crypto, nor they believe in the bright future of it. And that reminds me of BTC underground era.

2 Likes

My reasons:

• It’s simple, small and anonymous.

• Infinite supply will make it true cash.

• Atomic swaps will soon be a reality, which I believe to make crypto TRULY decentralized.

3 Likes

One of us are a a big fan of Grin due to the nature of it being closest to cash.
Also introduce new concepts that removes sender/recipient from the transactions; which is interesting to see how that scales and work out at mass

4 Likes

Hey mr. Coingecko, please drop the price of Grin to 0,1$, so we can load the wagon :wink:

4 Likes

0.30$ good price for first year :wink:

价格一美金左右感觉不错,真的不能再多了。。

• Time-backed asset
  • Anonymous
  • Exited founders
  • Lightweight
  • Scalability
5 Likes

@Eddy your wish is the networks command

A comment I read a while back mentioned that bitcoin is basically a way of turning energy directly into currency.

Bitcoin also introduced the notion of digital scarcity. Something that -in my opinion- had to come first, in order to get the collective consciousness to agree that a digital token could have actual value.

Nowadays even governments are yoloing their funny-money into digital tokens.

So the way I see it, there’s this perfect storyline of humanity getting back into basing their money on something that has objective value: energy.

The problem with bitcoin is that the proof of work game ends. So we have this window of opportunity to stop all the bullshit, and limit government spending to something with objective value.

Sure proof of stake is cool and all, but if you consider murphy’s law, large centralized entities will wind up controlling the stake. They’ll be the validators and we’ll be right back to the same bullshit endless wars, yada yada.

So, grin really carries my interest because of the rate restricted emission (plenty to go around) - privacy centered light weight blockchain (unfuckable) - endless proof of work game (based in objective reality) - menacing check-mate logo (a nice touch). That’s the technical side of why i’m interested.

The other reasons are personal. I feel as though i have a moral obligation to help, and I’m also here for revenge. I don’t have much money to help financially, or any computer coding skills, but I’m a good musician and I’ll bust out the chops for grin when the time is right.

I think that summarizes it all. I may have missed something. Anyway hope everyone’s enjoying life. Cheers.

10 Likes

Community always around they are very humble and polite
scalability grin is Certainly.one of the best coin is term of scalability and lightweight
I like grin logo, it is really cool and iconic
privacy of curse, I’m that kind of person that keep trying to learn different methods how to stay hidden from government? ISP? Learning about Linux, using FOSS I am a Cyberpunk and I hate fiat, banks, and governments.
And the next thing is grin is different we have good privacy coins like Monero or Turtle coin but grin how grin tries to handle scalability, privacy, Transaction is interesting and worth spending time on it.
I’m not a grinner because I think grin will go to moon and give me 100x, I’m a grinner because I want to support the coin that I believe not now but one day will be a great tool for freedom and shine among other privacy coins.
f*** fiat
f*** banks
f*** governments
f*** shitcoins

Community, price and the sence of rebellion.

Because it ranks high in the profitability of mining when I started to mine crypto using 2080Ti two years ago. Now I switch back to mine ETH.

It does not favor maximalism. Old and known members in Grin always try to avoid falling into the maximalism trap, and to this point, they were successful from my side. I hope it remains the same when the project enter its good days.

3 Likes

My guess is this coin is going to go parabolic one day in the not too distant future. Well worth buying a few $100 worth and hodl on.