Transacting With Grin

Ok got a few questions here now that I got my node up and running, wallet downloaded etc… I also went ahead and grabbed wallet713 for the grinbox functionality…

Anyways, Im about to buy my first Grins off of kucoin probably as im already registered there and no KYC is needed… However as ive done some looking around it seems most if not all exchanges only support withdrawing grins based on the http method and not using grinbox or the file method…

Ive edited the config file of the wallet and replaced the address with all 0.0.0.0 as it states to receive grin… the exchange suggests checking that your port is open to ensuer youll be able to withdraw the grins with no issue… however everytime i check it tells me the port is closed, regardless fo which port i use etc

now im looking into configuring the wallet713 file so that i can use it as my main wallet and be able to take advantage of the grinbox addresses but im trying to setup the listener on it with the node so that i can receive my grins off the exchange with this wallet as well…

can someone either help me to verify that i have everything configured right so i can receive grins with no issue

This is my config for the grin-server.toml file
#The interface on which to listen.
#0.0.0.0 will listen on all interfaces, allowing others to interact
#127.0.0.1 will listen on the local machine only
host = “0.0.0.0”

#The port on which to listen.
port = 3414

and this is the config for the grin-wallet.toml file
#########################################

WALLET CONFIGURATION

#########################################
[wallet]
chain_type = “Mainnet”

#host IP for wallet listener, change to “0.0.0.0” to receive grins
api_listen_interface = “0.0.0.0”

#path of TLS certificate file, self-signed certificates are not supported
#tls_certificate_file = “”
#private key for the TLS certificate
#tls_certificate_key = “”

#port for wallet listener
api_listen_port = 3415

Does this look right>>>??? and if so why when i use the port checker it says my ports are closed??? do i need to open the ports on the router sysadmin page>>>???

also if anyone is familiar with wallet713 how do i set up the toml file so that it listens on my node like the normal wallet… i followed the instructions online but this port checker tool has me skeptical…

also if anyone is willing to peek this over and then send me like 1 grin or even the smallest amount possible i will send it right back to you maybe even with a tip once i get mine off the ecvhange

EDIT:::

ok so found this guide here https://www.coingecko.com/buzz/how-to-use-grin-wallet-to-send-receive-grin-coins and followed it and went ahead and opened up the port as stated in the guide in my router sysadmin page… i have the wallet listening now and still when i check if the port is open on the port tool it tells me its closed…

ive tried using the IP the site detects and changing the port and its closed and ive tried manually enterring the IP that i get when i run ifconfig from the command line with the same port and its still closed…

pretty confused here and dont want my grin tied up in this exchange utnil i can figure this out so any help would be great

Hello. I suggest using Grin ++. VERY easy to use. Also, buy from trade ogre. they support file tx which i consider easy.

I don’t run windows isnt grin++ not available on Linux?

Thought it was a windows and mac only thing

Did you change your firewall too?
sudo ufw allow proto tcp from any to any port 3415

I haven’t changed firewall rules but don’t think I even have one running unless there is one by default but I know when I set up Bitcoin core all I had to do was open the port in the router admin page and I was good to go.

Is there a faucet that will send testnet coins or something so I can attempt it? I found one last night but I think it’s down because I didn’t get the error message I was supposed to had it just of not been able to connect with my wallet. It just sent some other error as if the service wasn’t even there anymore

does anyone know what port i should use to link wallet713??? i see a few and im confused

this is what i get when i launch wallet713

Welcome to wallet713 v2.0.0

Use help to see available commands

Listener for gVuWNF33gctszqfuHTBCLtJR6e6nWcV9TY5bwMAnpvZS5mEBHVFq started
Listener for keybase started
Listener for 127.0.0.1:3415 started
wallet713> info

____ Wallet Summary Info - Account ‘default’ - Height 0 ____

Confirmed Total | 0.000000000
Awaiting Confirmation (< 10) | 0.000000000
Awaiting Finalization | 0.000000000

Locked by previous transaction 0.000000000
Currently Spendable 0.000000000

WARNING: Wallet failed to verify data against a live chain. The above is from local cache and only valid up to the given height! (is your grin server offline or broken?)

notice the warning at the end… says it failed to verify against the live chain and asks if my node is running??? cant figure out why it wont communicate

also noticed i have nothing but outbound peers in my node

Grin++ supports linux too. https://github.com/GrinPlusPlus/GrinPlusPlus/releases/latest

3413 is the node’s API. 3414 is the p2p network. 3415 is the public/foreign wallet API. 3420 is the wallet owner API. But if you don’t have a node running, you can use the default 713 shared node. You can probably just delete your 713 config file, if you have one, and it should connect automatically.

afaik most debian based distros ship ufw and disable all incoming connections per default. You just mentioned linux so í assumed a popular distro.

If you have port forwarding port 3415 (tcp) to your machine and the ./grin-wallet -e listen running (+ opened ufw up) a service like https://canyouseeme.org/ would say success.