Planning for the launch

One Grin transaction has been made on Bisq exchange on the 8th of January. The process of launch is on its way on this exchange.

It is good to see an alternative way of launching a coin through a P2P exchange. No KYC, you just need to download and set up the exchange.

1 Like

Lol you donā€™t want keys on your machine, and have qubes but not motivated to boot into itā€¦ but you will leave your private keys on some small time foreign exchange? You are always the jester on these forums, bravo for knowing how to get a rise.

If more people use bisq liquidity will go up. If people are too lazy/donā€™t care enough about privacy, autonomy, or open source, all the liquidity will go to exchanges.

1 Like

Iā€™m not joking on this issue.

Iā€™ve may have been avocating for cementing the cypherpunk culture here into stone and know my political history of individualistic socailism front to back, but Iā€™m not a traditional socailist or a cypherpunk; Iā€™m an ancap. A major part of that is respect of finance, and low liquidity and the high fees are deal breakers as I said, qb is going to be shady and I will need to minimize my risk, but presumably the market will be magitudes healther, and faster.

Can I strongly suggest that hoping poeple will magiclly break out of malthusian traps is not a valid strategy? For the fluffy fragile things we like to exist, the games we design need to make them win. Bisq is only going to let poeple have privacy, at a cost, it moves counter party risk, at a cost, it requires security that doesnā€™t ussally exists naturally. I may very well do some arbitrage if the price is right, but it will not secceed, not really; there is no way the critical mass is there.

Saw a new exchange going live:

Grin pay a third competitor entered the ring

My take:

Pros:

• passable fee structure, the grin/xlm and probably a bit of software or headache to go from xlm/btc or accepting a bit of extra shitcoin ecosystem risk is ok

• dev has a bit of a back bone and I find him to be a naive cypher maximalist, not unlike some of the dev team here and is ultimately preferable to a great many things. If your confused by what I mean, eth guy. Watch out for economic stupidity but the plan seems valid enough to me.

• he promising some market making ā€¦ in xlm/grinā€¦ its 6th place by market cap so maybe its not much of a compromise; Iā€™ll throw my estimate till a healthy market place exists to be 1 month assuming he speaks for these mysterious investors and they have enough funding to do so.

cons:

• xlm, if they succeed, grin is being tied to the shitcoin economy; granting that was probaly going to happen anyway, but a bit more then I would have thought and it could be a major headache in ā€¦ lets say 3-5 years if grin does well and a shitcoin market implosion happens at just the wrong time

• Iā€™ve definitely written off xlm as a shitcoin in the past but Iā€™m having troubling remembering exactly why; maybe ā€œanchorsā€ werenā€™t a thing when I looked and they have since transitioned to try to fill the role of ripple? Or maybe I found something else that escaped my notice this time? I canā€™t wait to research something Iā€™m not interested in to do due diligence

• ui, and other basic concerns wonā€™t be visible until launch its https://litemint.com/ and doesnā€™t seem to have been grin based at all

• the mysterous investors may be this " MAG network " which are pos

https://galleon.exchange/

Their site may have been thrown together 12 hours ago; I do prefer my exit scams risks to be English based it makes it easier to tell the context of carnies

• Donation will be calculated monthly, and sent to the Grin General Fund within the first week of every month during the event period.
  • Donation details (including transaction ID) will be publicly posted on Galleonā€™s official channels.

@fizfuzzy are you eric of gallon?

Grin is not part of Bisq, you run your Grin wallet as you wish. The BTC wallet in Bisq you can encrypt (recommended). If that is not good enough, then you might not find anything else which serve you. But why not build what you imagineā€¦

Monkyyy, when you have the time weā€™d love for you to do a pro/con or SWOT analysis (or whatever else tickles your fancy :grin: ) for our very own ChainRift exchange.

For your convenience, you can see the thread Iā€™ve posted on the Grin forums here.

Its was on my todo list before you asked

pros: I think arrogance is a virtue and this guy gets it

cons: situational kyc scares me and the ad pitch is tone deaf in ways I find extremely off putting rather then endearing

You can wait your turn for a real take :3, we have what 16ish hours till the party starts, I plan on being late but theres bullshit to set up and research anyway.

1 Like

The BTC wallet in Bisq you can encrypt (recommended). If that is not good enough, then you might not find anything else which serve you.

Iā€™m only worried about the btc wallet for early setup, encryption or not.

Encryption doesnā€™t save an desktop os, the attack can just wait for keylogging, day trading is a daily thing, if not hourly and fucking with your sleep to middle of the night trade sort of thing. Desktop were pre-internet and are not secure by design; windows is worse but I wouldnā€™t bet high odds on my main linux setup either.

Virus attacks are on a pre-use basis, while exchange risks are ongoing and I prefer to consider it on a yearly sort of basis and my plan is to be on multiple exchanges for the first few months as we go from semi-healthy to very healthy. You and 0x are misunderstanding my risk profile as well as what things matter to speculators generally.

As I said bisq is best for years-long use cases, like cold storage; but that does not a market make, I want to be where the money is.

But why not build what you imagineā€¦

?

Plenty of reasons.

I love that you are fine letting random internet strangers be custodians to your private keys. You really are (as you admit) not very serious about this cypher stuff.

Iā€™m simply not a cypher maximalist; after the market is healthy and I see less opportunity to practice the profit part of profitable disobedience; we really should talk how ancap is different from cypher punk and the criticisms I have for that book.

As far as Iā€™m concerned low tier exchanges are grey market; even with kyc they are not part of the white market with its warrentless censorship, watch lists and enthusiastic complacence; and all this is trying to replace pow as a better theory of money then the vastly under rated taxation theory of money that was forgotten because it sounded sad but is in effect. But that means replacement of whole sections of governance, including the much hated speculation and banking industry; with stateless versions.

On one hand it let me call shit on dro before that shitshow and the after math of icos, on the other Iā€™ve been pulled into things like bitbond.

Also Iā€™m not ā€œfineā€ with it, counter party risk is playing with fire and Iā€™ve been burned; while its not a tenth as rage inducing annoying as a theist telling me I was never faithful; its that same vain of argument, stop that; its an emotional rollercoaster the game I signed up for, with lows that were vomit worthy.

Hodl Hodl has added GRIN as a payment method, and I have seen and offer there already.