Miner for AMD/NVIDIA 4G 6G 8G 10G GPU from Minerbabe

Can confirm that minerbabe is probably the easiest mining OS I’ve tested.

Couple of issues:
-Terminal screen will freeze up, but miner still runs.
-Manual fan control for AMD doesn’t work using KBminer( so it seems)

1. With Nvidia GPU, the screen is black.The black screen is because the overclock tool start a xorg process at background which takes the screen. However the miner works OK. You can press CTRL ALT F1 to deal with it.
  2. Manual fan control should work fine. We will contact you in private to deal with the problem.

Sorry. There is a mistake in the UI. We will fix it later. However you can set the fan speed of a rig as follow:

Thanks for this! I am using one RX 580 8GB and the gps is 1.82 on Win 10…Now i just need to figure out how to get my other 3 cards connected to it as well

Has anyone had success with NVIDIA 1070TI on the 31 algo with minerbabe/kbminer? I’ve tried all versions of kbminer that support 31. One version doesn’t work at all and the other two only work on 5 or 6 of the 11 GPUs on that machine. I’ve had success with the 29 algo on the same machine utilizing all of the GPUs. Anyone have any insights?

As an aside has anyone figured out where to input stratum username and password when configuring minerbabe use with a pool?

Thanks!

If you can get only 5-6 of your 11 cards work, it may because the power supplier is out of work. The C31 8G algorithm makes a very high instantaneous power. Though the average power is not very high.

Set username as the “wallet address” in the group menu. Do not use the password for a high security. The grinmint says: “NB: Limited mode account. It’s possible to create an account without any password. This account will be in limited mode and can only request email payout.”

How do I connect Minerbabe rigs to grinmint.com? When adding new wallet in dashboard what should I input as wallet address for Grin 31?

put your email as wallet address.

OK, I did everything and my test rig was working for 3 or 4 hours, then I found it in abnormal state with no ping and no hashrate. 6x1070s, 2.1 kWt server PSU. It was rock solid on ETH and AE. Is there anything I can do to prevent the rig from hanging?

p.s. I found that the rig lost connection to the pool (eu-west-stratum.grinmint.com). Can I configure a backup pool URL?

Rigs are notoriously difficult to debug. If your rig hangs with no ping, it is more than just the mining software. First make sure you have the lastest GPU drivers. After that it gets tricky. Grin uses more compute power than ETH so you might have heat issues, especially if it’s running for a few hours then quits. Turn your fans to 100% and check your ventilation. Log the temperature of your GPUs as they mine. If it’s not heat then maybe you have unclean power. Not all PSUs are made the same and some produce noise on the circuit, especially under high load, especially if you got a cheap PSU…

To the dev, I’ve tried your mining OS to attempt to be able to run c31 on AMD Vega FEs; I’m a little disappointed the hashrate is the same as V64s in spite of the extra memory, but it is what it is, and I’m getting around .43 gps per FE. However, the more concerning part is that I’m getting mostly rejected shares due to error -32501 low difficulty and not sure what to do about it. Mining on Grinmint. Any suggestions?

How can I do driver update and fan speed settings under minerbabe OS?
The rig is working OK through the night on us-east server.

p.s. I have 2 rigs under minerbabe now. 5x1070s and 6x1070. First shows 0.27 GPS per card, second shows 0.33 GPS per card. What should I do to equalize those numbers? I have already added 100 MHz to GPU clock for first rig with no result.

p.p.s. v4.12 is available: https://cdn2.minerbabe.com/disk/minerbabe_v4.12en.img.zip Use DownloadMaster to download it much faster.

The memory clock speed will be more important. Might turn down the chip clock actually, especially if you suspect heat problems.

Why can’t I start mining on 5xRX480 cards? Neither under Minerbabe v4.11, nor under v4.12. I am trying different versions of kbminer now but I suspect that this will not help.

p.s. another my rig with 5xRX480s has started with minerbabe 4.12 very easy… What a mystery!

Hi, at ubuntu screen i enter my minerbabe user and pass but it says login incorrect ! what’s the problem !?

Why do you need to enter any credentials? Minerbabe is booting by itself, with no moves necessary from you. Just make sure that it’s main screen appeared and then watch it’s status in Minerbabe website dashboard.

1 Like

How do I put rigs on minerbabe?

No conect erro py

@jie Trying to install ROCm driver from that guide you give above. But having not enough space error. How to pass it or how to increase /dev/sda2 partition size?