KBminer v1.2.0 release,Higher GPS, Higher earnings(GRIN):

I’m getting great results on both amd and 1080ti mixed. 1.2-3G for 1080 e.g. Very impressed, vast difference from the 1.1. Basically it’s flipped the profitability of 29 and 31 even for these old cards. I don’t have any 2080s for data - srry

Edit - it’s actually showing 1.6G for 1080ti?!? Amazing! What’d you do to this thing?

Haha~~ This is a credit to our developers~ Thx~You can join our telegram group :https://t.me/joinchat/Kh4-K1JgqDIzOeqzX9HCxA, Communicate with us~

Now let’s compare these numbers with BMiner 15.3.1:

and this is KBMiner 1.2.1:

No, I was wrong. I’ve checked now with smart wifi socket. 1080 Wt when mining Grin, less than 1000 Wt when mining AE.

Nooo, the process of setting things up is sooo complicated there. I have no time. Whi just not to use pre-compiled Ubuntu client and why not to use any existing Ethash GPU miner?.. :neutral_face:

Yep, Zilliqa mining seems a bit difficult, not sure why are they making it so inaccessible.
But it may be quite interesting for miners because if think it´s not necessary to run miner 24/7, but only few hours per day or so, which can be profitable if it comes to power consumption/profit.

Where did you find an info about several hours per day? Also I did not find a trustful calculator for ZIL…

This is from their official site:

In Zilliqa, roughly 12 hours of PoW needs to be performed each month (at the beginning of each epoch) — this is where the graphics card is at full load. During the rest of the time, the graphics card will be running in idle mode where minimal electricity is consumed. The estimated electricity cost of mining on Zilliqa is about USD 2.8/month in Singapore. In contrast, the cost of mining Ethereum is estimated to be about 9 times more at USD 26.25/month as the graphics card needs to be mining consistently for every new block.

So, I am not sure how does it really work, but I saw some Russian YT video, where he sets his miner to start & end at an exact time and then (probably during idle mode) he switched to other miner.

I have problem:
error: too many positional arguments at ‘–grin-cuckatoo31’

I trying
​​​​​​​–algorithm grin-cuckatoo31 --pass x --pool stratum+tcp://grincuckatoo31.eu.nicehash.com:3372 --user xxxx@grincuckatoo31.eu.nicehash.com:3372

what am I doing wrong?

You don’t use BMiner. :sunglasses:

Yes I use BMiner but I want to try KBminer

the format of args passing to kbminer is totally correct.

but the error message shows that your add an additional ‘-’ before ‘grin-cuckatoo31’, which will be treated as an unrecognized parameter.

please remove that ‘-’ and try again :slight_smile:

I don’t add an additional ‘-’ before ‘grin-cuckatoo31’,

Maybe you can join our Telegram group, tell me your email address, and we’ll check it for you.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: telegram group :https://t.me/joinchat/Kh4-K1JgqDIzOeqzX9HCxA

emmm… I tried your config but could not reproduce the case.

This is the full command I typed in my console, under ubuntu16.04:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./ ./kbminer --algorithm grin-cuckatoo31 --pass x --pool grincuckatoo31.eu.nicehash.com:3372 --user xxxx@grincuckatoo31.eu.nicehash.com:3372

Could you please try to manually input (DO NOT PASTE) that command again?

PS: for kbminer, you should not add ‘stratum+tcp://’ before pool address

–Algorithm grin-cuckatoo31 --pass x --pool grincuckatoo31.eu.nicehash.com:3372 --user xxxx@grincuckatoo31.eu.nicehash.com:3372

Don’t working.

Hello man,
first, it’s not a good thing to show your username and (generic) pass on forums!

second, it should be like this:
–algorithm grin-cuckatoo31 --pass x --pool grincuckatoo31.eu.nicehash.com:3372 --user BTCADDRESS

and btw, are you sure nicehash is supported like that? they use a different stratum…

Also have too many positional arguments error with the following line:

​​​​​​​–algorithm grin-cuckatoo31 --pass x --pool grin-eu.sparkpool.com:6667 --user xxx@xxx.com

Hello!
kbminer-v1.3.0
–algorithm grin-cuckatoo31 --pass x --pool grin.sparkpool.com:6667 --user muratr@ya.ru
does not work
But this setting works in the version kbminer-v1.2.1
Where is the error?

should be --algorithm

and double check if you can use the “@” in user…