Grinmint.com is dying

Last week there were 10 Miners left. At the beginning of the week it was 9, yesterday it has been 6, now it’s only 4 people left on this planet who mine grin on grinmint.com.

At this rate Grinmint won’t have users next week.

Do I really need to torture my RTX 3080 to keep Grin going all by myself?

Were is everyone going? There is no better Coin to mine and own.

3 Likes

probably they all go to 2miners?

2 Likes

One problem for grinmint might be that solo mining is still very viable? It’s more than 1 reward per week on average I think for a mini. I would solo mine if I was mining.

Not that the majority of miners solo mine, but grinmint is in the position of appealing to enthusiasts, and enthusiasts are the most likely to solo.

It’s an oxymoron that grinmint has the most secure payout scheme, yet still has no SSL stratum server. I’m one of the 4 and will support the pool til the end.

5 Likes

Mine has been switched to herominers. Don’t know why this pool quite not stable…

1 Like

A compelling reason to point to Grinmint, assuming this isn’t temporary:
Screenshot 2023-10-20 205113

2 Likes

I’m on 2miners but gonna switch to solo soon™️

Grinnint always worked great for me and a 0.8% fee makes it even more attractive. Unfortunately my two miners both died. Maybe when next gen G1/2 are released at some point I might join again.
In any case, I am sure the low fee and good reputation will bring back some miners over time

1 Like

Stars are in alignment again, thanks to all looking out for Grin!

3 Likes

Last week unfortunately we had a technical issue on our server and most shares have been rejected. I was contacted by the user who had 7 miners on and his hashrate was zero.

Issue is solved now, all shares are being taken into account. We apologize for the inconvenience, grinmint.com is very much alive!

4 Likes

We are doing our best to figure out all the technicalities. It has been transferred to grinnode.live from blockcypher. Quentin is very helpful, but learning how it all works is not easy. Especially that none of us does it full time.

3 Likes

I have 53x G1-mini, my mom has 3x G1-mini, and a local friend has a G1, all actively mining since launch. None of us have ever had an iPollo ASIC die on us, so chances that both of yours died seem ultra unlikely. Could just be failed PSUs.

I do recall one G1-mini smoking on me upon deployment, basically DOA, this was 1st batch paid Grin to iPollo directly through the group/preorder thread on these forums. I was given an RMA replacement under warranty. I’ve had plenty of G1-mini PSUs die on me, perhaps 8 to 10 by now. An internal fan would surely extend the lifespan of these PSUs substantially.

4 Likes