Grin++ for Android v0.0.1

Release: Android 0.0.1

This release is the first release of Grin++ for Android. Grin++ is an easy to use Grin Wallet, which does not store any personal identifiable information, there is no analytics; the little information that is stored like the session token is stored encrypted. Also, the node information like the wallets cannot be copied.

Features

• Create multiple grin wallets.
  • Backup/Restore wallets via seed phrase.
  • Send and Receive $grin via Tor and Slatepack Messages.
  • Address availability checker.
  • Transactions history.
  • See the details of each transaction.
  • Control Grin node using notification bar.
  • Share the grin wallet address.

Minimum Requirements

• Minimum Android version required: Android 9.0 (API Level 28) .
  • Architecture supported: 64bit .
  • ARM: AArch64 or ARM64 .
  • Minimum RAM: 4GB .
  • Minimum Disk Space: 2GB.

Direct Link: https://keybase.pub/dtavarez/grin%2B%2B/apk/0.0.1/com.grinplusplus.mobile.apk
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.grinplusplus.mobile

Please, make sure that your device meets the minimum requirements.

Support

Since neither analytics or crash reports were added, the best way to ask for support is using the Grin++ Support Channel: https://t.me/GrinPP

Translations

If you want to see Grin++ translated into another language, please, feel free to contribute.

14 Likes

Minimum RAM: 4GB ?

I’m drooling here. Seriously, fantastic job david. I don’t see how this could have turned out to be any better than it currently is.

2 Likes

It’s a full node. It won’t use that much ram all the time, but during IBD it could use quite a bit for brief periods.

1 Like

Congrats! This is a major step forward! Thank you for listening and adding the feature control of the grin node by placing it in a convenient format and with quick access. I appreciate it.

3 Likes

good job David :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

Running a Grin mobile node. Thanks!

8 Likes

Yeah baby lets go! Great work. Now where is that mass adoption :eyes:

Great work David. Thank U :grin::+1::muscle::pray:

89 minutes for fully sync
from south borneo

4 Likes

Great work David. Thank U
Long live grin :grinning:

1 Like

Just download and have a look. The interface of GRIN + + is so cool that it’s even more cool than you think

89 minutes?! mmmm… are you using a VPN? could you share the devices specifications? Android version? I see only 6 connected peers, it is always like that? 6 to 8 peers?

Thanks.

Here u are:

Running without using VPN
Now 8 peers. So Yes so far 6 to 8 peers.

1 Like

89 minutes seems reasonable tbh. It’s largely dependent on peers and connection speed, and there’s of course a ton of processing required when validating the state. I have fast internet and a relatively powerful device and it still took me quite a while.

2 Likes

This is some impressive work @davidtavarez !! Congratulations! Having a full node running on a mobile device is amazing.

3 Likes

Why is the connection failure 127.0.0.1:3421 displayed when creating a wallet

means that the node, which is running in background, stopped and the app is not able to communicate with the node; I recommend this:

Close the app like this: How to close apps on Android: All you need to know

Stop the Service following the next steps:

Swipe from up to bottom your notification bar to display these actions:

Now, tap on STOP:

Make sure that Grin++ can be run in Background avoiding Android to kill the Node because this can cause the chain to get corrupted:

The process of doing this will vary depending on the device.

Open the Grin++ again and try yo create a wallet again.

3 Likes

Thank you for your reply

Consider submitting it to f-droid or making an f-droid repo for it. Since it is a FOSS project it would make sense and be more broadly available to people who insist on FOSS software.

3 Likes

Google finally approved Grin++ https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.grinplusplus.mobile :grin: :+1:

10 Likes