Bisq exchange DAO vote on supporting Grin again

The well known and DAO governed exchange Bisq is considering to relist/support Grin.
Bisq did allow trading of Grin in the past, but because of lack of payment proofs and the many hard-fork upgrades to Grin they stopped supporting Grin.
Grin as privacy focused, community governed cypher-punk coin fits in very well with the vision of Bisq. Bisq like Grin is community governed and focuses on the coins that actually matter.

If like me you would like Bisq to start relist grin, you can give the DAO proposal a thumbs up here :grinning::

See below the full discussion and history of Grin listing and de-listing at Bisq:

7 Likes

Do we need to upvote here Re-activate GRIN · Issue #350 · bisq-network/proposals · GitHub or is this already done?
@Anynomous

@mcm-mike Yes, we should upvote there. To me it is not clear if the vote is finished already, I think it is now in the ‘Review phase’.
Good thing here is a landslide of 22 up and no down votes.
Even if the vote is over, still good to up-vote it, its shows people care and like this implemented soon.

1 Like

Anyone know where that DAO vote is at? I see @jmacxx has already pushed the edits (and merged) just waiting on that dao to flip the switch-

I wonder if there is anything that should be added referencing to the itx nature of transactions? I see that bisq-ui backlinks users to (Transactions - Grin Documentation) for support- perhaps a bit of an update, clarifying on some points or providing additional link-outs is in order.

(source:Changes required for GRIN re-listing by jmacxx · Pull Request #5820 · bisq-network/bisq · GitHub)

1 Like

For me the current explanation works fine.

Optionally, we could consider updating the description by using the analogy of a contract that is drafted, signed by one party and the other before being published to the blockchain. I think an analogy that @vegycslol often uses and I like it personally.

But we should only make such a change if we all agree this would make understanding transactions clearer.

1 Like

GRiN sender is required to provide proof that they have sent GRiN successfully…

access to a sort of guide or link on how to achieve this for all standard wallets would be useful- maybe just source accompanying documentation to link on the bisq ui.

Not sure what they mean with this, payment proofs or just a screenshot?. I mean anyone involved in the transaction can verify it in their wallet. I do not know what the current status is on payment proofs and if they can be generated by grin-wallet (and therefore by IronBellly and Niffler) and Grin++.

1 Like

notice from screenshot above:
-Have mediator check Alice’s GRiN payment proof.

It is my understanding that mediation could be processed by grinnodelive api. And Each wallet would have it’s own method of payment proof for users I assume.

edit: I may be overlooking where/ if this information is for the grin++ wallet. @davidtavarez- can you/ or anyone else, clarify if there is a suitable method for grin++ wallet users to soundly proof transactions for review? if so then I can submit a pr to the Home · GrinPlusPlus/GrinPlusPlus Wiki · GitHub with the resource.

Would the following screencap of GRiN payment-proof-method work to proof sent transactions?

1 Like

Looks like Grin should be relisted on Bisq:

2 Likes

I am looking forward to see GRIN on Bisq.

A task for the groundkeeper’s could be get familiar with BisQ and share their experience with a few screenshots and some help for the GRIN community on “how GRIN is working on BisQ”.

4 Likes

Grin on bisq is looking like it will be a reality for us all very soon indeed. It was amazing to see the support from everyone in the community rally on the bisq channels. and to see what the bisq devs had to say about Grin was :sparkling_heart:

Sounds like a plan on the QA and Grin documentation for using Bisq- I’m particularly excited because I have been looking for more hands on opportunities working with troubleshooting and documentation

7 Likes

Grin is back on Bisq!

11 Likes

This is great news!!!

2 Likes

Congratulate everyone🥳

2 Likes

Nice to see GRIN back on BisQ.
Thank you for everyone who was involved and hopefully some traders will move to BisQ to create some liquidity.

Special thanks goes to @renzokuken, without the development of the “GRIN-Payment-proof verify” it would be difficult to get listed again.
Same goes to the joint help between GRIN Community Council and GRIN Original Council
And to so many community members who paved the way towards this goal.

Thank you BisQ for giving GRIN the opportunity again to be listed on BisQ again!

15 Likes

Great job everyone! :clap:

3 Likes

Super cooooool! :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

1 Like

Thank you @mcm-mike for initiating this whole thing! Also thank you everyone for making this happen! WE did it! And WE will do a lot lot lot more!

4 Likes

This is an incredible step for GRIN and a step for a more decentralized GRIN community.

5 Likes

Easy man. We failed…