Withdraw from Bittrex

All characters that cannot be part of the message. I was just wondering what could have gone wrong with copy and paste, but as it turned out, the issue was elsewhere.

Hi guys,

I am trying to withdraw my Grin funds on Bittrex, but without any luck. I am getting the following error:
Notice: This wallet will be removed on September 10, 2021 @ 10:00 AM PT. Withdrawals are only supported through the Web UI.

What exactly do they mean with “Web UI”?

Can you please help me out?

Thanks in advance.

I suggest to exchange them to USDT then move them to another exchanges which support GRIN withdrawal.
If you do not feel annoyed about KYC, I think gate.io is a choice though withdrawal fee quite high (8GRIN each time). I withdrawn multiple times without issue.

Hi,

Thnx for the email,
But this is what I get when I klick en withdraw

See picture

I mean that instead of withdrawing GRIN, exchange it back to USDT, then withdraw USDT to another exchange flatform.

Ok… thnx

But this is the page in front of me…

I hope you can stil help me…

image0.jpeg

It seems bitrex removed the exchange pair of grin. So you have to ask for their support.

Hi there, just FYI I was able to withdraw my GRIN coins from global.bittrex.com to grin-wallet this morning, so not sure what was wrong for you. I just followed the steps: installed grin and grin-wallet, initialized wallet, generated address, withdrew the coins with grin address, got a .slatepack from bittrex, performed a receive in the wallet, pasted the .slatepack, got a .slatepack in return, put it in bittrex window, finalized on bittrex and the withdraw was completed. It was super quickly visible in the wallet as in progress of finalization. It took some time to be visible as confirmed though. hope it helps. Cheers.

Thank you for your information.

Did you also test to deposit GRIN via slatepack method ?

hello,

No I did not because Bittrex unlisted GRIN, so I was just taking my coins back to grin-wallet. I have also coins on Gate.io. I will try there to do both withdraw and deposit there and I will keep you informed.
Cheers,

1 Like

I just tried today to deposit on Gate.io and I was not able to do it because there is no obvious process to get the slatepack (you get only the grin address and memo code to add as decimals). Not sure how it works with grin++ though, I did not have it, I just tried with grin-wallet in command line because it is what I have installed.

Maybe they only work through tor so you can try creating a SRS without the manual flag

Actually I thought it was trying to do that at first place when sending:
20210816 11:10:06.034 WARN grin_wallet_api::owner - Attempting to send transaction via TOR
20210816 11:10:06.041 WARN grin_wallet_api::owner - Unable to send transaction via TOR
only them it generates the slatepack right?

If you have -m flag then it doesn’t try through tor, it just generates slatepack message and outputs it. If you’re not using -m then either the exchange can’t be reached through tor or you don’t have tor listener opened (iirc grin-wallet listen is the command to open tor listener)

1 Like

newbie question: if I open the tor listener a posteriori from the send, will it be performed later or I have to cancel the transaction and redo it?

It only tries to make tor communication when you execute the cli command so if you don’t have tor listener opened at that time it will fail and won’t retry it later, even if you open it. I can’t find the “resend” or some similar cli command so my guess is that if the other party only works through tor then you need to cancel this tx and create a new one (but open tor listener before :P). I agree that resend would be a useful command (it could work on any transaction that’s currently on step1 or step2)

yup, I cancelled the previous one, opened tor listener, resend it and it was completed successfully. Now waiting for seeing it on Gate.io though. Will confirm later if it finally fully worked, thx a lot for clarification.

1 Like

Now unfortunately the issue is on Gate.io side…
I can see the tx confirmed, I can see the Payment proof. But it is not appearing on gate.io account side and here is the answer of the support:
'Dear user,
Sorry, there is no query of your record in the block here, please confirm whether it is on the chain
Best regards,
Gate.io
So I sent them the Payment proof but not sure it will do anything… I will keep this thread updated just in case people face the same thing in future.

2 Likes

So after around 6 emails with gate.io support and harassing their live chat, they seemed to have fixed their issue and now I can see the deposit transaction pending (waiting for 1000 confirmations - seems a big number to me), weird thing though is that the transaction time is not the same as in my grin-wallet, as if they had to recreate it somehow on their side… I will see if the status changes from pending after 1000 confirmations and I asked their support to explain to me what happened and if they can guarantee that it would not happen again with a new deposit of GRIN coin.
Will post the end of the story soon. In the meantime, the short conclusion could be: withdraw on Bittrex and Gate.io >> ok, deposit on Gate.io >> seems unstable at least.

2 Likes

1000 confirmation and still Grin horror story ( . Thnx for feedback.