Withdraw from Bittrex

Maybe they only work through tor so you can try creating a SRS without the manual flag

Actually I thought it was trying to do that at first place when sending:
20210816 11:10:06.034 WARN grin_wallet_api::owner - Attempting to send transaction via TOR
20210816 11:10:06.041 WARN grin_wallet_api::owner - Unable to send transaction via TOR
only them it generates the slatepack right?

If you have -m flag then it doesn’t try through tor, it just generates slatepack message and outputs it. If you’re not using -m then either the exchange can’t be reached through tor or you don’t have tor listener opened (iirc grin-wallet listen is the command to open tor listener)

1 Like

newbie question: if I open the tor listener a posteriori from the send, will it be performed later or I have to cancel the transaction and redo it?

It only tries to make tor communication when you execute the cli command so if you don’t have tor listener opened at that time it will fail and won’t retry it later, even if you open it. I can’t find the “resend” or some similar cli command so my guess is that if the other party only works through tor then you need to cancel this tx and create a new one (but open tor listener before :P). I agree that resend would be a useful command (it could work on any transaction that’s currently on step1 or step2)

yup, I cancelled the previous one, opened tor listener, resend it and it was completed successfully. Now waiting for seeing it on Gate.io though. Will confirm later if it finally fully worked, thx a lot for clarification.

1 Like

Now unfortunately the issue is on Gate.io side…
I can see the tx confirmed, I can see the Payment proof. But it is not appearing on gate.io account side and here is the answer of the support:
'Dear user,
Sorry, there is no query of your record in the block here, please confirm whether it is on the chain
Best regards,
Gate.io
So I sent them the Payment proof but not sure it will do anything… I will keep this thread updated just in case people face the same thing in future.

2 Likes

So after around 6 emails with gate.io support and harassing their live chat, they seemed to have fixed their issue and now I can see the deposit transaction pending (waiting for 1000 confirmations - seems a big number to me), weird thing though is that the transaction time is not the same as in my grin-wallet, as if they had to recreate it somehow on their side… I will see if the status changes from pending after 1000 confirmations and I asked their support to explain to me what happened and if they can guarantee that it would not happen again with a new deposit of GRIN coin.
Will post the end of the story soon. In the meantime, the short conclusion could be: withdraw on Bittrex and Gate.io >> ok, deposit on Gate.io >> seems unstable at least.

2 Likes

1000 confirmation and still Grin horror story ( . Thnx for feedback.

So end of the story:

the coins were finally credited after Support action (what they did is still a mystery) and 1000 confirmations and when we ask for explanation we have the statement above that just proves they are not looking for the root cause. So my recommendation for Gate.io would be to use it to buy & withdraw potentially but not to deposit & sell. I am interested in which platform you use yourself.
Cheers
PS: I think support team did its best, I suspect GRIN is not identified by Gate.io management as business critical :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Cadmus,

I read your story but I’m sorry for that but i still don’t understand how to transfer se grin to kucoin…

Can you help me please

Thnx a lot…

Hi Maurits,
I never tried Kucoin, I have no account there, I can only explain to you what I did to withdraw from Bittrex to grin-wallet and my temporary test to deposit from grin-wallet to Gate io (I suspect it should be similar to Kucoin but I have no clue). So from Bittrex to grin-wallet: I installed grin and grin-wallet on my laptop, I initialized wallet, generated an address (all this in command line), I withdrew the coins from Bittrex on their web site (not phone app) by entering my grin address, I got a .slatepack from Bittrex (popup screen), I performed a receive in the wallet (still command line), I pasted the .slatepack, got a .slatepack in return, put it back in Bittrex popup window, finalized on Bittrex (button in the popup) and the withdraw was completed. It was super quickly visible in the wallet as in progress of finalization (grin-wallet info command). It took some time to be visible as confirmed in the grin-wallet. Then, following the discussion on this forum I tried to deposit on Gate io, not aiming to let the coins there but just to test. I installed tor and opened the tor listener, I performed a send (still command line) and it was completed successfully. I could see the transaction confirmed in grin-wallet and the Payment proof (command line to see transaction details). But I was never able to see it appearing in Gate io wallet without harassing the customer support to take action on the transaction. After an unexplained action on their side and 1000 confirmations I finally was able to see my deposit. I then withdraw all my grin back to my grin-wallet.
FYI, all command lines used are available on grin web site.
Hope it helps!
Cheers

Hi Cadmus,

Thnx for the email!

I got a account on grin++

The only thing I don’t get is to copy the slatepack to my grin++ account … that part I don’t understand because when I download the file I can’t open it on my computer… and when I click in de grin++ account on receive I don’t get the slatepack in to the place
Any advice ?

Thnx a lot again…

Best regards

Maurits

I did not use grin++ so this is difficult for me to give an advice but I would assume that grin++ is a GUI improved and enriched version of grin-wallet so I suspect you could do exactly the same thing in grin++, and in an easier way. The .slatepack from Bittrex is available in copy paste mode. The .slatepack generated by your wallet can be opened with any text editor.
Not sure it helps a lot :confused:

1 Like

Hi Cadmus,

Thnx for the email

I show you some picture the problem is that I can’t copy and paste see picture

If I download the file I can’t open it on my computer :see_no_evil: so this is the thing that I don’t understand :grimacing:
I have still a couple of days on bittrex but I really don’t understand how this works :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

So you maybe doing something else to make happend ??

I think this is the only part en next click on receive and than I get a response but the only this thing doesn’t work …

What do I wrong ??

Thnx a lot again …

Regards maurits

Can you be more exact in where you cannot copy/paste.

a) Can you open the file with a text editor (right click, open with notepad, copy)?
b) Can you not copy into the website for Bittrex (if so, did you try using another browser)?
c) Can you not copy into or from Grin++?

Hi,

The thing is that I got a wallet on grin++
When I look at the internet all the people copy and paste de slatepack but on bittrex you have to download it first oké a got that but than I got a receive slatepack en want to paste it in bittrex but that is not possible so I have to got I file but if I got the receive slatepack in a file on my computer I can not put that file on bittrex than he said it’s not the good file…

On the internet everything looks so simple but it doesn’t work by me… and there a lot of pending right now but it isn’t working and I can’t stop them right?

This might be confusing, you can just open the file:

1. Go to Bittrex, Click Withdrawals under Holdings, Enter a withdrawal amount and click “Generate Transaction File”. On the Withdrawal Transaction File screen, click Download Transaction File and save it to your computer.
  2. Go to the folder where you saved the file. Right click on the file open with > Notepad > in notepad, select the whole text (press simulations Ctrl + A) then copy the text (Ctrl+ C),
  3. In Grin++ go to the Receive tab, then click in the left textbox with Receive above it, paste the text (Ctrl + V) and click the receive button below the text box.
    Now in the right textbox you see the Response slatepack text. Copy this text by selecting all (Ctrl + A) and copying it (Ctr + C).
  4. Open a new text file, called it response.txt or something like that, past the text and safe the file.
    Go to Bittrex select the response.txt file you just created, and click finalize in Bittrex.

You have to do the above steps within 2 hours, otherwise the transaction gets cancelled automatically, meaning you have to start the procedure again from step 1).

Let me know if the above works for you.

I can not upload the response slatepack in bittrex because I don’t know in what kind of file I have to put it I can’t copy and paste it

So the question is in what of file do I have to safe it so bittrex open the file to finilaze the withdraw

Create a new text file, right click in windows > New Text Document. This creates a text file in which you can paste the Response you generate in Grin++, safe the file. Try to select that file from within Bittrex. If you do not see that file, or they do not accept. You might have to chance the file extention of the file, from “.txt.” to “.slatepack”. This is the format they expect, a text file, that has as file extention .slatepack and contains the Response text you copied from Grin++.

Let me know if that works for you.

1 Like