Request For Funding, @yeastplume for January 1st - March 31st 2020
In keeping with the accountable 3 month funding cycle unit mentioned in my last funding request, I’d like to ask for the equivalent of EUR30k to cover my full time work on Grin from January 1st to March 31st 2020.
It’s been a busy past few months getting all sorts of features and RFCs in for the 3.0.0 Hardfork, and plenty of work remains. I can’t give an exact breakdown of the tasks that will occur during the funding period, but the overall focus will very much continue to improve the community and developer onboarding experience. A rough list of tasks I have in mind are:
- Adding an interactive CLI mode to the wallet
- Improved documentation to support the developer experience
- A possible boilerplate project for upstream wallet developers, including the node and wallet in the single package
- Work on the offline transaction problem
- Automated testing infrastructure (badly in need of a revisit)
- Possible addition of an SQL backend to better meet the needs of institutional users (still needs discussion)
- Continuing updates, tweaks, and usability improvements
And, as always, the usual management or core team work that falls my way, as well as any other administrative/promotional/project things that continue to need attention throughout Grin’s development.
For reference, logs of all my previous work on Grin is here.
Progress update, Oct to Dec 19
Progress updates March to September 19
Progress updates October 18 to Feb 19
Progress updates May to Sept 18
Progress updates Feb to April 18
Once again, thanks to everyone involved in the Grin community for the opportunity to continue serving!