Request for Funding @scilio (CoinSwap Implementation)

IMO this is a bit outdated now, it started as experiment years ago, but overall crypto progress is not sitting at one place, I think solution should be serverless to stay competitive at this field e.g. with btc’s payjoin upcoming serverless solution. Time passed, we can accept this loss and move on as we have not so much time at our lifes to sit at one place for years while everything else is moving forward.

1 Like

is that btc solution interactive or non-interactive? also what does it actually do?

A wallet that creates a self-spend doesn’t have to run a server, they only do one “fire and forget” request to the first coinswap service in the noninteractive variant i.e. when you’re not a mixnode. While the coinswaps mixnodes are static servers, any group of people/friends could set up their own mwixnet if they wanted with the requirement of only one of them being honest. I don’t see it as outdated, it’s still a simple shuffle protocol that can run in noninteractive setting and it’s as good as it was when proposed which is better than anything else we have. The real question is who would run the noniteractive mwixnet, but that’s a question for any such service.

2 Likes

V2 is async: Serverless Payjoin - Receive surveillance-busting bitcoin transfers without hosting a secure endpoint · GitHub

More to come after this bounty: Bounty for payjoin development on Bitcoin

1 Like

Just wanted to check in and see if there were any new developments here

@navie We are now in the testing phase. All community members are invited to test MWixnet CoinSwap.
Be warned though, it does require some minimal command line experience and requires testers to do their own compiling. So no point and click testing yet.
https://forum.grin.mw/t/mwixnet-testing-by-community/

Not yet implemented:

• Reorg protection
2 Likes