Hi everyone, I’m a long-time lurker and experienced developer hoping to get more involved with GRIN.
@tromp’s CoinSwap Proposal appears the most promising attempt to solve transaction linkability in MW. Sadly it seems GRIN is temporarily short on developers capable of implementing such a complex system. Luckily I’m in a position to dedicate time to this project throughout the remainder of the year.
This is a large project, so in order to facilitate incremental incremental evaluation and funding payouts, I’ll be breaking the project into smaller deliverables.
- Define & document all public APIs
- Using JSON-RPC
- Create server project
- Implement APIs
- APIs will return basic success responses when requests are valid and errors for invalid requests
- Test framework will be written to spin up a local server and query the APIs
Support a single server that users can submit self-spends to which will be aggregated daily with all other submitted self-spends. This includes at minimum:
- Validation of all incoming data against a live node
- Daily aggregation and broadcasting of the finalized transaction
- Basic reorg protection
- Automated e2e testing
Support a fixed set of CoinSwap servers for trustless swapping.
- Data provisioning using encrypted bundles
- Inter-server communication
- e2e tests that spin up local servers 1-n, demonstrating the workflow against a mock GRIN node
- Add better protection against spam, reorgs and other attacks
- Add wallet support in grin-wallet or grin++
Estimating the time for a project of this size can be challenging, but I’ve chosen milestones that I believe can be implemented in about two months’ time. Thus, this project is expected to be delivered in 6 months.
I am requesting to be funded £50,000 for the total completion of the project, with regular payouts. I have not yet established a reputation with the GRIN community, so I propose weighting the later milestones greater than the earlier ones in order to prove myself and to incentivize completion of the project. My request is to be funded for each milestone upon completion and acceptance by the funding council in the following amounts:
- £10,000 for Milestone 1
- £15,000 for Milestone 2
- £25,000 for Milestone 3
I am of course open to suggestions for changes to any of the above details. Regular updates will be provided on the forum.