Let's fork GRIN!

True, this is a downside of having such a nice decentralized governance, it is a price I think worthy of paying.

We do no need to make the community more well behaved, but we should stand up and speak up for each-other, and also we should not spend to much time reiterating the same answers.
For example, we already answered @Markozzz and @gringott.one quite elaborately.
Although we understand where they are comming from, in the end this post summarizes it quite well:

The complain is mostly that the current supply does not favor innitial investors, which is true and a known fact from day 1. Should we change the design of grin for that, no, of-course we should not.
Other valid points are mentioned though. Yes we should make working on Grin attractive, e.g. by having our developers back instead of burning them in public. And yes we should make implementing Grin on an exchange easy by providing template example code.

I think we are all in favor of listing Grin on more exhanges, but not paid, the exchange has to be willing themselves to list Grin. Did Bitcoin ever pay for listing?.., neither should Grin.
Basically most complains historically are asking to interfere with the price to favor a few, not the many. Again, if you get more involved you see there are many good things for Grin on the horizon such as hardware wallet support, CoinSwap which could greatly enhance privacy at basically no cost whatsoever, just to name a few.

My opinion (no financial advice) to those who did not read the whitepaper and overpaid in the early days of Grin, buy more, slowly scale in and on the long run your investment is more likely to become profitable. And again, get involved yourself, learn more about Grin and help shape the feature of Grin. Joining the discussions on this forum is a great first step for that, thanks for actively contributing here and voicing your opinions.

3 Likes