Request for Funding @Cekickafa June-September

First, I’d like to apologize to @CobraGrin for bringing so much attention to his thread, this will be my last comment here.

My reply won’t focus on the comments around grammar and other things because I see a bigger issue in this thread.

I’m asking myself the same question. I had no idea saying an explicit mention of a 100+% increase would blow up to the level it has.

You do realize I’ve written this don’t you? This clearly states I’m not saying what should/shouldn’t be paid, I was merely of the opinion that a 100+% increase should be stated more explicitly so that people who might not be following that closely don’t miss it. From @Anynomous’s comment, it seems to have been missed which should only put more ground to my point. I also gave an example of an occurrence in the past where the community had issues with an increase much less than what was in this request to back up my reasoning why it might be a good idea.

But what you did was take my comment out of context and used it to attack me around my opinion regarding previous funding requests which you seem to have a bone to pick with. I’ve said many times, I can give my opinion on any proposal that was funded and I’d prefer to do it publicly, but this thread is not the right place for this. I can’t guarantee we’d agree on what was done and whether it was the right thing to do, but I can at least give it a somewhat reasonable shot at logic at that time, regardless of what the outcome was.

Again, you took my comment out of context.

Again, the community had much bigger reaction for less % increase in the post I linked.

It wasn’t supposed to be a big deal. The funding request was public, I saw something I thought would be better if made more visible and made it so.

These conflict fostering comments have no place in a civil discourse. They are anything but a good way to resolve potential conflicts. I’m tired of the “shoot first ask questions later” approach you seem to resort to lately and the bickering this brings. From these recent events, I hope I’ve learned my lesson not to get involved in things I don’t really need to as it too often leads to hours wasted in replies. These don’t improve the conversation, much less solve anything.

3 Likes