Receive grin through auto payout in 2miners issues

I’ve been mining in hash pool 2miners and I’ve been having issues receiving the payout.

They sat this is what they get:
“Transaction not synced with receiving side.”

Node screenshot:

I’m running with tor listener:

grinzone@green:~/GreenNode/grin-wallet$ ./grin-wallet listen
Password:
20210126 09:05:56.241 WARN grin_wallet_controller::controller - Starting TOR Hidden Service for API listener at address bbnmqxfkhasijfxiukzkeh7ow62udpbcdb7iptuafhd2ft22wxilhayd, binding to 127.0.0.1:3415
20210126 09:05:58.510 WARN grin_wallet_controller::controller - Starting HTTP Foreign listener API server at 127.0.0.1:3415.
20210126 09:05:58.510 WARN grin_wallet_controller::controller - HTTP Foreign listener started.
20210126 09:05:58.510 WARN grin_wallet_controller::controller - Slatepack Address is: grin1ppdvsh928qjgf9hg52e2y8lwk765r0pzrplg0n5q98r69n66khgqkhrmxq

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, only thing is it seems the listener is listening on 127 but I can’t seem to change it to 0.0.0.0 as that seems deprecated.

I am doing something wrong out of lack of knowledge and would appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction.

I am not 100% certain, but I think 2miners stopped support for Grin after the last hardfork.
I switched to the Herominers mining pool, see link for a tutorial. At the bottom of the site you can select the miner you use to see how you have to modify the .bat file.

The majority of the community mines using
https://grinmint.com/

this is not true, i still get my payout using my slatepack address on grin ++.

Thx, good to know. I ran into issue so I switched, must have been a problem on my side, maybe I was using an https address without knowing it :thinking:.

you need to create a new BAT file using your grin slatepack address, you can check STEP 3

1 Like

This is my bat file:

setlocal enableDelayedExpansion

Rem #################################
Rem ## Begin of user-editable part ##

set “POOL:3030=grin.2miners.com
set “WALLET=grin1ppdvsh928qjgf9hg52e2y8lwk765r0pzrplg0n5q98r69n66khgqkhrmxq.europminer”
set “PASS=x”

Rem ## End of user-editable part ##

set “PARAMS=–profile %PROFILE%”

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 1
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

lolMiner.exe --coin GRIN-C32 --pool !POOL! --user !WALLET! --pass !PASS! --zombie-tune auto
timeout 10

I have done that just as described as you can see the batch file below, I’m running the listener also but 2miners say they can’t find my wallet…

I’m at a loss.

i’am using Gminer as suggested by 2miners in the link provided previously.
did you try to test your wallet (while listening) by sending something to it to check if it’s reachable ?

Well the mining process is working as can be seen here:

That is a good idea I just don’t really have any other wallet or any other coin to test against - last time I had a wallet was when litecoin first emerged.

The only thing I could think of is that the listener address is only set to localhost:
grin-wall 5657 grinzone 16u IPv4 6227274 0t0 TCP 127.0.0.1:3415 (LISTEN)

However api_listen_interface is removed entirely from the latest release… and adding api_listen_interface=“0.0.0.0” does nothing.

Tried changin torsocks.conf:

Set Torsocks to accept inbound connections. If set to 1, listen() and

accept() will be allowed to be used with non localhost address. (Default: 0)

#AllowInbound 1

Set Torsocks to allow outbound connections to the loopback interface.

If set to 1, connect() will be allowed to be used to the loopback interface

bypassing Tor. If set to 2, in addition to TCP connect(), UDP operations to

the loopback interface will also be allowed, bypassing Tor. This option

should not be used by most users. (Default: 0)

#AllowOutboundLocalhost 1

and allow these but it dosn’t work.

Did you try receiving any other payment. I can send you some small amount of Grin for testing (PM me by clicking on my name)?
If it does not work out, try Grin++, I use it for receiving mining payments for its ease of use.

2 Likes

Thanks, I considered that - I"m just frustrated it isn’t working with my VM system and that the listening part is not working with 0.0.0.0

As everything else is working and node is synced, I also don’t want grin running on my PC all the time and having it in a different hyperv system worked best for my security needs.

I’m trying grin++ now, lets see if the wallet restore function works.

The nice thing is that you can immediately see if your wallet is reachable, green address means you are good (first wait till the Sync is complete)

So yeah I’ve used Grin++ and that works without issues, I’m still certain this was some workaroundable configuration issue.

Thanks for the help.

I am sure it can be worked around as well. Although I use grin wallet I have unfortunately not played enough with it to solve problems, hence I use Grin++ as main wallet and just have the official grin wallet and node running on the side.

But it has its own node, ho2 do you configure ++ TO RUN AGAINT YOU NODE ?

Sorry for caps :pensive:

You do not need to. Grin++ has its own complete node implementation in C++ which has been security audited. So you do not necesarilly have to use the official grin node implementation which was written in rust.

In my case I run Grin++ and the official grin node and grin-wallet in rust on seperate computers, they are completely independent and both are reliable and secure as far as I can judge.

What is the use case though?
I mean if g++ has the node and everything needed, what is the use of a parallel independent node on a different machine?

Purely for fun since I am a Grin supporter and want to strengthen the network. Also when I have some time I want to play around witht the Grin API from the rust implementation, see what information is stored in the blocks and if possible this data can be used to infer something about the users, build a block explorer etc.

1 Like