Niffler, An out-of-the-box open sourced Grin GUI Wallet

ok just sent it :smiley: thanks

1 Like

Niffler v0.3.3 released, which has following updates:

1. Thanks to @yozx, Russian version available;
  2. fix some exchange deposit problem(eg: gate.io)
  3. add more user-friendly features and fix some bugs (included bug reported by @adamantasaurus above).

Just download \ reinstalled it :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks for the wallet. Using on Win 8.1 and it works well using Hedwig to receive Grin. As a feature suggestion for future release, how about the ability to see Grin balance in € and US$? Nice work :smile:

1 Like

ok, will add it in the next version of Niffler :upside_down_face:

1 Like

When I create a partial transaction file do I need to add the .json extension to the file name? I’m trying to deposit to poloniex and it keeps telling me ‘invalid file type’ regardless of what I put. Not sure if I’m doing something wrong, or if it’s something on poloniex’s end.

Also, when I try to send to poloniex via https it tells me ‘failed to get correct response from receiver’. Doesn’t matter which slate type I use, it’s always the same outcome.

The weird thing is that I’m able to send to bitmesh without any issue, which is where I got most of my grin. I don’t know why that is, but would like to understand. Thanks.

Poloniex only support grin1.0.2, and Niffler use grin 1.1.0,so it’s Poloniex exchange’s problem.

related issue: Deposit to Poloniex

2 Likes

Sorry to bring up another issue so soon, but this time the transaction seems to be stuck as unconfirmed when trying to send via http/https to bitmesh. Total says 0, and unconfirmed also says 0, but then it put the rest of my balance in ‘locked’. Last time this happened I was able to cancel the transaction, this time there’s no option to cancel. It has been about 3 hours since I initiated the transaction. Should I keep waiting?

Oh the other weird thing is that at block height 221767, when I initiated the transaction, there’s no output with that ID number on the block explorer (090d0a3481c…)

Thanks for all your help.

In the right upper corner, click “more” --> “check balance”
ps: why you have so many canceled txs?

I did the check balance about 20 minutes ago, still shows everything as locked. I’ll try it again though.

I have those cancelled transactions because I was trying to figure out how to send to poloniex earlier, and didn’t know that it was a compatibility issue. I was using a process of elimination to see if I could get a transaction to go through, so that’s why there are so many cancelled transactions haha.

ok.
try restart wallet after check balance.

Ok did the check, still locked, restarted, still locked.

Oh I also had a bunch of cancelled transactions (not my doing, it was automatically cancelled on grinpurse) when trying to send from grinpurse, before I came over to niffler. Then when I imported to niffler it imported the history of cancelled transactions.

I think check balance will take about 10-30 minutes.
your checking balance seems too fast.
what’s the output of check balance?
and what is the block height on the right upper corner?

Yeah it finished checking in about a minute. Block height 222026

Oh output of check balance? I’m not sure what that is, should I run another one?

yes, run it again. and screenshot the outputs.
It’s should be something like this

then when it’s done it says msg.check.checkedMsg

what is your os?windows ? mac?
and Ask bitmesh with the transaction id 74fb440a-a936… , see if they posted this transaction to blockchain.

And if those would not work, you always cloud restore wallet from seed phrase.

1 Like

I use a mac, I’ve contacted one of the bitmesh admins on telegram, ‘wang’ is his name. I’ll let you know what he says when he gets back to me.

Well that’s great news that I can restore from the seed phrase. I was starting to worry that I’d lost everything.

This was a different admin, ‘thirteen’

Edit: I think I should mention that I tried to open a port earlier so that I could recieve via http listen, I think I did it correctly, but when I checked to see if the port was open it reported that it could not contact the port. Not sure if fiddling with my router may have caused this transaction problem.