I said, “Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?”

He said, “Protestant.”

I said, “Me, too! What franchise?”

He said, “Baptist.”

I said, “Me, too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?”

He said, “Northern Baptist.”

I said, “Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?”

He said, “Northern Conservative Baptist.”

I said, “Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?”

He said, “Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region.”

I said, “Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?”

He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912.

I said, “Die, heretic!” And I pushed him over.

Imagine I cared enough to edit in coin keywords and reread this

It has come to my attention that there is a fork of beam with my politics brewing; how about no. You shouldn’t do that. I hate the coin emission model and I hate that the dev team have confused the virtue of political apathy for the vice of moral relativism, but no these are not big enough issues to jump ship over.

There are 4k coins listed on coingecko, there are at least 500 linux distros, 334 militia groups in america. Fracturing beyond reason is a thing, the collectivists have a point when they say that there is strength in numbers, I’m not saying we should tie our sticks down and give igno a hatchet, (I’m told such things require safewords) but while the line if crossed you fork a coin does need to exist but is it even remotely close? Does anyone have reason to believe igno is inauthentic when he talks about fears of state power? That the dev team is incorrigible?

“Control is reciprocal”, by joining a movement you can change it. I suggest a different way forward then starting a “perfect” coin, instead submit with a strong personality and argue your politics until the devs think correctly.

“The relation between the controller and the controlled is reciprocal. The scientist in the laboratory, studying the behavior of a pigeon, designs contingencies and observes their effects. His apparatus exerts a conspicuous control on the pigeon, but we must not overlook the control exerted by the pigeon. The behavior of the pigeon has determined the design of the apparatus and the procedures in which it is used. Some such reciprocal control is characteristic of all science. As Francis Bacon put it, nature to be commanded must be obeyed. The scientist who designs a cyclotron is under the control of the particles he is studying. The behavior with which a parent controls his child, either aversively or through positive reinforcement, is shaped and maintained by the child’s responses. A psychotherapist changes the behavior of his patient in ways which have been shaped and maintained by his success in changing that behavior. A government or religion prescribes and imposes sanctions selected by their effectiveness in controlling citizen or communicant. An employer induces his employees to work industriously and carefully with wage systems determined by their effects on behavior. The classroom practices of the teacher are shaped and maintained by the effects on his students. In a very real sense, then, the slave controls the slave driver, the child the parent, the patient the therapist, the citizen the government, the communicant the priest, the employee the employer, and the student the teacher.”

1 Like