Jankie - progress update thread

A transparency report on the Groundskeeper initiative for community review and feedback.

Progress update for Nov.01-Dec.31.2021

Newsletters

!UPDATE : Defistaker and I have agreed and are moving from joint collab to individual responsibility on newsletter publishing and meeting transcription. While we remain committed to working collaborative through assisting each other and communicating ideas and strategy, moving forward I will be responsible individually for the further publishing of the Grin news substack and transcribed GrinCC meeting notes; with this adjustment we seek to maximize efficiency, and transparency by allowing each of us to focus on individual initiatives without juggling tasks back and fourth.

Releases:
144: Tools and Scripts Hub Available for Browsing
145: A New Mining Guide for the Newly Launched GAEA-Pool
146: The BISQ Decentralized Exchange - Let’s Make it Official
147: New Markets, New Bounties, and Joining The Fediverse
148: Together with Friends, Family, and a Grin Vacation

On each newsletter release it is immediately shared across various channels: bitcointalk format post, reddit/grincoin, telegram, and Grin forum (identify new channels to share ongoing)

Community Meeting Transcription

!See update above. And a big thanks goes out to Defistaker for his commitment and hard work on publishing past newsletters and transcribing half of all the Grin Community meeting notes; all this in addition to his ongoing Grincc site development! I hope that this transition allows Defistaker some cleared up headroom to run with and build out additional creatives.

Transcription:
December 21 2021 Community Meeting Notes
November 23 2021 Community Meeting Notes
October 26 2021 Community Meeting Notes

Developer Outreach Awareness

Developer outreach is crucial to Grin’s success as it is my assessment that this group categorically includes both the innovators and the early adopters of the product. By ongoing marketing of the available bounties and development opportunities Grin meets valuable strategic demands by way of increased awareness and new developer contributions. As such the maintenance and expansion of developer contact points will continue to be a focus. I am happy to report, though not surprising, is that I am receiving positive feedback from the developer community who have not otherwise heard of Grin prior and even seeing some of these developers joining in development channels.

Outreach:

• /r/Rust jobs post maintenance update in 1.57 thread - thanks again to @satoshocrat for providing the credentialed post; without him this doesn’t go live

• Direct networking through personal correspondence - 42 developers contacted who specialize in rust with emphasis on opensource support.

Misc

Together with the massive support from the dynamic Grin community and developers, the GRN-BTC listing on BISQ was successfully implemented. A big piece of the Groundskeeping initiative is identifying points of interest that may have been overlooked and assisting in any way possible. With the BISQ dex exchange Grin developers made updates that were overlooked by the bisq team at the time, so to me it seemed to be a matter of bumping the thread and bring in the energetic Grin community to respond. And with special thanks going out to @renzokuken , who without the Grin payment-proof verification it would have been difficult to have had success.

Outlook

In addition to the various maintenance tasks, and further GrinCC repo additions; I see Grin as one of the rare examples of digital cash technology principled in fairness and privacy as a human right, just as Satoshi Nakamoto and Ignotus Peverell intended. As such I propose to develop a ‘press kit’ that would be sent out to media outlets as Grin reaches successful development milestones. The objective is to let Grin be known on the merits of it’s technological progress. If media outlets choose to ignore Grin while focusing on market pump projects, nft collections, etc then so be it; least the Grin community can be confident that the memo has been sent.

As always please don’t hesitate to critique, make suggestions, or provide feedback.

3 Likes