Ipollo G1 Mini : Socket connect failed => Connection refused

All,

I have an Ipollo G1 Mini. The system seems to start then I have this message. I have tried everything :
Flash Firmware
pool change
Address changes

Nothing works.

[Firmware Version] => microcomputer - 20220323
version: v2.4.9
luci: 59309ba
cgminer:
cgminer-packages: f1e04dd
openwrt: e4dcc51
commits: 56156
Socket connect failed => Connection refused

Please find the log

My pool : pool.eu.woolypooly.com:12000
My address : grin1tsg76jqu88lq45gfsxyzy9269afa5qpz4xztstuckq4p5pceq37q0kcwh4
My password : x

Has it ever worked? Could be ip configuration, can you see it connected to the router?

Yes it’s working in my office but not at home. I have tried to put a static IP Adress without any success.

You must be on the same router plan. Use lanscan to discover the IP’adress.

Is the mining server on your local network, or are you connecting to a remote server (e.g. a mining pool)? If the latter, you may need to open some ports on your router.

Yes i believe you’re right because i’m using an ubiquity sytem at home, may be the edge router is blocking some access. Di you have a complete list of needed open ports ?

If you’re just connecting to a mining pool, you just need to open the port specified by your pool. Every pool is different and most pools have several ports open depending what difficulty or region you are in.

e.g. grinmint.com uses port 4416 for encrypted connections to its EU server.

If you are hosting your own node, then you should check which port your node is listening on in your node grin-server.toml

[edit]
Rereading your original post it looks like you are attempting to connect to a remote pool on port 12000. So, make sure your router allows outbound connections on port 12000

1 Like

Have you found a solution, because I have the same problem

If the issue suddendly came, mostly due to your adapter/power supply, I switched to another adapeter and it worked

1 Like

Fortunately, I have bought 2 G1 mini so I had the opportunity to change the adaptor but nothing!

which version are you using, try to flash newer version. sometimes, I upgrade/downgrade the firmware and it’s still working well.
I stored all the firmware file and the tool here Index of /firmware

Hi, my friend. I have already upgraded to the latest filmware. I downgrade but nothing. They told me that we have to repair it and send it to the USA and it will cost about 170$ for the hash board to change without the shipping cost that is paid for me! it’s not cost-efficient. I have sent it now to a friend electrician of mine to tell me the truth if he can. Thanks

$170 is too much, it’s nearly same price as this guy selling his miners.

So try to have them in good temperature and take care of them because if something goes wrong then its very expensive to repair. That what I said to ipollo : They are so expensive for me from Greece to repair them! No support indeed! And i paid 1000$ for each( I have 2 of them) to buy them. With shipping costs, taxes and customs! I have won only 100$ from each , 15 months now!

Sorry to hear that You have no support from iPollo. I also have no good opinion about their service.
My offer is still active. As we are in EU there is no tax if I send few units for You. There are still 12 pcs for sale.

I have the same message and my fault light is on red. Any solution? I bought the machine new and upgraded the firmware to 2.5.4. On the dashboard i see nothing… thank you very much

Try to ‘refresh’ your firmware by TFcard/sdcard, I remember I posted somewhere in this forum, it should be fine.
Note that in newest firmware, it’s normal that 2 leds turned on at the same time when mining.

1 Like

does it make a difference if i do it with sdcard or within the admin menu? i installed now 2.5.2 in admin menu but still not working, i see no fan speed, no temperature and no hashrate also. always get this error here :

[Firmware Version] => microcomputer - 20221117
version: v2.5.2
luci: 59309ba
cgminer:
cgminer-packages: dd85c96
openwrt: 1e97330
commits: 56159
Socket connect failed => Connection refused

Thank you very much

That’s a nightmare error, 90% of the chance is the problem came from your adapter. Try to replace your adapter with new one.