[Help] How to unbrick miner ipollo g1 mini

Dear all,
I just did a mistake that upgraded wrong firmware to one of my ipollo g1 mini. Now, it’s unable to boot, the green led just blinked one time then restart infinitely.

I tried to create a bootable tfcard by this Win32DiskImager with firmware version [G-2.52 SDcard ] , however, when I inserted the tfcard, both red and green led blink then restarted. It seems that the board does not prioritize the boot order.

I’m not sure what I should do now, any suggestions please?
Thanks.

video: ipollo g1 mini bricked by wrong firmware

video: ipollo g1 mini unable to boot with tfcard

Some screenshots of g1 partly teardown

Hi Guys,
I finally able to recover my g1 mini to original firmware.
The reason was from the way I created the bootable microsdcard is not correct. My card was not fully formatted before running that tool.
Basically, after we run win32diskimager, there should be 3 partitions like this in same card

When it’s done, we just insert in tfcard hole then turn on the miner, both led will blink then the miner comes back to original state.
One more thing, every changes in the miner will be only affected after we reboot it.
Have fun.

4 Likes

i figured it out i needded to convert file into img

Hi I have a USB adaptor in which I have put the 32g tf card, I inserted the USB to pc and has the disk E:, I formatted it in Fat32. I run the win32diskimager and prompts me to another F: disc that says I have to format the f: disk in order to use it! Am I doing something wrong?
I insert tf card into the miner and only a green light blinks! How long do I have to leave it blinking? Or does it stop blinking on its own and then start the system on its own?Thanks in advance!

It’s normal if windows ask you to format again because windows does not support that special filesystem type

I “remember” that I had to unlug the ethernet cable → insert your tf card → plug the electric cord → both led will turn on at same time → wait around 2-3 minutes then remove your card and reboot miner
Note that in the firmware G-2.54, there is a bug that both led (red and green) will be turned on in parallel although the miner is running well
Good luck :wink:

Can someone help me, looking to reset my G1 mini to factory reset, as I forgot my password.
(Good one right!)
I’ve tried:

• Holding down reset then plugging in power. All I get is a solid green light. It doesn’t flash. Held for a long time.
  • I’ve tried flashing firmware 2.52.SD, Insert card, plug in power, all what happens is normal Green and
    fault Red flashes every 14 seconds. I’ve left it for 20 mins and just keeps repeating.
  • I tried to download firmware 2.54SD but the link is broken. Anyone have this, or can you point me to where I can get it?

I can access the miner via the IP address but I’ve changed my login/password. So the miner is functioning. I was mining with it and when I checked it had stopped. So running out of ideas here.
Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks!

The latest iPollo G1 series firmware download: version G2.54
Requires micro SD (TF) card. This is the recommended method for upgrading firmware. Upgrading by Ethernet will only overwrite certain files which can result in faults (red light indicator remaining on). One confirmed major fault being that a power outage can reset/erase your pool configurations.

The latest firmware is also provided in this G1-mini fan listing: