GrinGoldMiner Windows mining

So, why won’t Windows support C31? If you’re lucky enough to have a 16GB graphics card you’ll want to be on C31…

tried to use miningrigrentals - but get:

2019-01-16T21:22:50Z ERROR, Exception in: StratumConnect.cs # 464 # DisconnectMonitor Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

whats wrong?

I have a Ryzen 2700x CPU with an AMD Vega 64 GPU working 3.3 to 3.5 Gps. GPU never gets over 60 celcius and CPU never over 40 celsious.

On a different note can I run a card that has less than 8 gig of memory like an RX 480? If so how?

yes, on rx480 with 4gb mem, you can do c31 lean mining (with grin-miner ocl_cuckatoo plugin) or use the minerbabe.os c29 miner. but the gps figures are quite low
c31 grin-miner ~ 0.1 gps
c29 kbminer ~ 0.7gps
to calculate the income, use https://grin-pool.org/what-to-mine/

2 Likes

Was also getting the same instant crash on start up of GrinGoldMinerCLI.exe mentioned earlier. I hadn’t installed .net core 2.2, in case anyone else runs into the same issue.

2 Likes

My 1080ti x 9 rig is running 2.5g/s and my cpu is runming at 100%. Is this bottlenecking my hash rate? I have other 1080ti that run at 4g/s

For those curious, I have a RX 580 8gb and I get 1.65gps. Keep mining :slight_smile:

which CPU?
enough virtual memory?

Any solution for this? Cpu load more than 70% G4560 - AMD580

@dewminer76 Im using same cpu with rx580 but my cpu load more than 70%…how u get that?

You can try to Offload some work from CPU to GPU

Change the CPUOffloadValue

value is integer between 5 and 90 Experimental for Rigs with more cards and really slow CPUs.

Hi guys
My set up is 6x vega56, Celeron GPU, bolckchain driver and virtual memory set to over 77GB. When I try set up the GrinGoldMiner always getting a message should I have lest 48GB then I start the miner connecting to the pool but cards not hashing at all, just keep saying starting. Any ideas?

core clock ?
memory clock?
driver?

Stock settings.
Driver is 19.1.1.

Hi @urza so I have installed GGM_Mainnet_Win64_2_8b_stable and NET Core 2.2 - I am now running GrinGoldMinerCLI - I am being asked “Enter your mining pool stratum address:” - note I have selected option [1] - any ideas on what I should enter and where to find this info? Thanks in advance!

I am based in Australia (Sydney)

have you guys experience when running this miner for 30 minutes the remote PC hang? I mean the remote rig hang? and you can connect to remote rig? but it still mining on the pool while the rig is hang?

I tried this miner on windows 10 3 times it keeps hang everytime I run the miner for 30 minutes.

Hello all,
I had been mining successfully for a few days and then recently I started getting the following error: UNABLE TO CREATE KERNELS…has anyone had that?

If you updated your miner, I suggest always using latest nvidia drivers with cuda 10.

are you referring to getting the latest drivers from the nvidia website: https://www.nvidia.com/content/DriverDownload-March2009/confirmation.php?url=/Windows/417.71/417.71-desktop-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql.exe&lang=us&type=TITAN

?