Did Grin hit the bottom ? Price($) is steady for the last 5 months

Went all in with the remaining 50%, time to pump Grin!
For better of worse, lets enjoy the ride Grinning😁.

2 Likes

Oh no, why would you do that?
Don’t ever go all in!
Not even on your wedding night!

1 Like

@Samurai “All in” is of course a relative term, just the amount I was planning/willing to invest in Grin for now.
Do not worry, I still got my two kidneys as backup if a nice buy in opportunity occurs😁

2 Likes

It sounds plausible if you think about it. But I doubt in what extend Grin truly is a competitor of Monero. It is not as private. It often sounds Grin doesn’t want to be.

Good price action analysis by @minexpert .

IMO it’s plausible, price target of $13 implies ~$874 Million marketcap, just outside of the current top 25 coins(#26). My major doubt is whether or not such an extreme inflow of value is possible within this short of a time frame.

Some fundamental catalysts that could achieve this result(mix & match):

• Crypto asset class wide bull market, a rising tide lifts all boats
  • Privacy coin narrative. Holding your money as a privacy coin is a use case in itself
  • Increased usability, non-interactive transactions would be huge here.
  • Good ol’ fashioned utility. Basically for the same reason as usability but usability must come first before utility. But there needs to be some utility driving demand for the coin to have any lasting value.

Speculation(bullet point one) is the best bet for a short term catalyst. Monero, cracked a Billion dollar marketcap by capturing a share of the darknet market with speculators, apparently, expecting further growth in this area. It was able to do so because its very usable and private by default. Zcash is neither usable nor private by default plus it contains a dev tax, it’s long bear market tells this story, but at least one of these hindrances is going away(usability) plus it has exposure to demand from mainstream markets(grayscale, gemini etc). If Zcash appreciates on account of an influx of demand(ideally, a speculative mania) for privacy in cryptos, that speculative markup will inevitably spill over into grin as well as other privacy coins.

In the long term (for crypto, 5-10 years) grin has massive potential on these fronts, but it will take time. Almost all of grins current value is derived from speculation at the moment and this will probably be the case for a few more years.

You place too much importance on what you call utility and usability. Nearly all price movements are derived from speculation. Just look at the top coins.

Similarly, Grin’s price action is barely affected by its actual properties, at least at this stage of the market.

2 Likes

There are only 2 outcomes for grincoin since it has no other use - zero or a lot higher eventually

I’m not sure I can infer your point from this comment.

All price movements are derived from supply and demand. Since grin is a currency with a perfectly knowable supply, all price movements are derived from demand. Speculation is simply one type of demand.

Indeed, I also pointed out that grin’s value is almost entirely speculative, it’s current utility is buying stuff on mtgox or donating to the development fund or holding money in fungible form.

The rest of its demand is entirely speculative, however this speculation is a direct effect of its “actual properties” since speculators are simply valuing its potential future utility at a net present value that is higher than the current market price. Thus, they demand it at the current market price. Utility and usability is of primary importance in increasing demand and therefore value in the long term.

My conclusion was, I suppose, the same as yours; any near term increase in value would likely be entirely due to speculative demand. The only difference is, I posit that this speculative demand is effected by its properties since capital necessarily anticipates future demand based on its potential future utility implied by current properties.

This is also the case with the top coins you speak of.

4 Likes

Bidding at $0.2

Hit the all time low :smiley:

1 Like

Nice shopping time indeed.

1 Like

IMHO - since ETH is going 2.0 with POS, thats going to throw a lot of miners and small folk out the door, unless they have a ton of ETH to get picked to be a validator. That crowd is going to begin the search for another coin, if we talk up GRIN, dissuade the Harry Potter coin thing (as stated by VOSK on his iPollo G1 mini review) and get the huge benefits of GRIN communicated, then we can affect change in the GRIN world. Get some youtubers like Son of a Tech to do a real positive review. or get Elon to tweet…

Prices are continuing to drop from Grin. It’s crazy how so many coins are tied to the value of BTC. Wonder what we can do :confused:

Nothing apart from buying the dip and waiting out the storm.
Indeed silly, there is no fundamental reason for this, just psychology and expectations. People expect the price to go down because of Bitcoin, and so it does. Only up-side is that the same ‘believe’ holds for when Bitcoin goes up, other coins follow as well because people expect them to…

1 Like

IMO, I extract some of my savings to buy grin whenever it reaches new all time low. The final target could be at 0.05 if the ‘crypto winter’ in this year came too fast.
Lookt at Doge, a meme coin is still having $0.2x worth which means the market is much manipulated and the time for Grin may take long. Or until a stronger Wannacry appears.

1 Like