CC Fund: expenses, responsibilities, spending guidelines and follow-up processes

who are “we” though?.. interesting…

What’s the problem? Why accuse me of causing fud? I came here to try and find out why I’m seeing similar addresses on two different grin++ wallets.

Sure, it’s strange that two people came up right after me saying they are also having problems. I also thought it was strange. I actually thought someone might be trying to discredit me.

If you want, we can have a bet, everything in one of the wallets if I’m wrong. If what I’m saying is true, you just match what’s in the wallet and send it my way. I’m happy to send the seed to Tromp, Yeastplume, or David Burkett to confirm my story.

It was always the point of the key holders to keep record of their spends. I’m not sure why you’re suggesting otherwise or why among 3-6 key holders who are obligated to be involved that it is reasonable to have a third party somehow keep track of your behavior… Pretty sure in the time it takes you all to build a tx that you could write down a single line to keep track of it, this was always the expectation and it’s a trivial addition to the task of signing txs

Community! From where you asking to keep you out.

Woah there. I agree with the former sentiment that the current Devs doing excellent work and I commend them on that activity. It is my thinking that maybe the administrative burden of a community collective without corporate governance is likely the key failure here and that is certainly no one’s blame. I guess all that is really needed is some kind of constitution or something. But I also agree with David’s point that they are the only.people out there doing anything atm. So if we did want to change things, well the answer is in our hands.

I am never asking anyone to do anything. I am saying if no one is particularly doing anything, the spending should stop.

Edit: There is one thing I’ve asked for repeatedly, which is for the CC to update their spending logs. This is the most basic level of participation I would expect from voluntary council members, let alone paying for groundskeepers and then still not even bothering to enable them to work by reviewing and approving their PRs.

1 Like

No one works for the community and this kind of message is especially dangerous when “the community” can’t replace anyone or find anyone new. Whether you like it or not, unless you’re going to do the heavy lifting on the coding you should appreciate the coding being done. I’m not saying there’s nothing David or yeast could do to merit being cut off but as far as I can tell they’re working hard on useful things that interest them

1 Like

Addresses are deterministic, that is expected behavior. But this is off topic for this thread

I do not disagree with that… and I am not referring to you at all, you have never stopped pushing Grin forward… and for example, I would have liked to pay more attention when you brought up the subject of Nostr tbh.

It’s all good. We all have our own interests and time management. I dabble around and I’m friends with fiatjaf so I knew about it very early. I’m just saying that it takes hours to build a musig tx and max 2 min to write it down

In the past yes, current work was not seen, Github is pretty transparent to see all progress for last 4 months, I even not talking about 1 year criticial issues, if people are full-time working for community project, they are working for community too.

I think its time to invent some kind of Code-Of-Conduct for projects sponsored by CC community fund, so all people who is working for community money will follow them and not will be offended for critics or take it personally like @davidtavarez did.Transparency, Responsibility and Collaboration are main keys.
Let’s discuss this at next community meeting.

4 Likes

Let’s say David just decides one day to throw in the towel. Who is gonna write the stuff he does now? We should be thankful, at the very least.

Look how long this post is, for a topic that was discusses already, and after 4 months… again… imagine this type of effort but for what I mentioned above:

Imagine a detailed process on how to bring AtomicSwaps to life. That was already paid for, and I don’t see anyone here trying to come up with solutions to deploy it, and no one is complaining about the BTC spent on that… inexplicable… but Ok… or imagine this effort in completing the CoinSwap… again, more BTC were also spent… but no… all this effort to talk about something that was already discussed 4 months ago for months.

Atomic swap is long dead. Mwixnet is abandoned.

Always asking why no one else is doing something else is just the same old redirection tactic. You are the one asking for $7500 a month, there will be a special expectation of you. If you do not want to bear this special expectation and want to be lauded for doing so much more than everyone else (which you do) then do it on a volunteer basis. Until then, don’t ask to be compared to the volunteer community.

1 Like

Interesting take…

Is this a topic about me now? again?! what is the obsession with me? seriously, get a life, guys.

Was AtomicSwap voluntary? it was not. Was CoinSwap code written voluntarily? it was not… so, what " volunteer community" you are talking about? “CC work”?.. well, the “solution” is easy, you just need to answer the question: who is responsible of what? you can start by writing those proposals and how to do “follow-up”, and how to “enforce them”… anyone could just do it here: GitHub - grincc/docs: Documentation relevant for the Grin Community Fund but I know you won’t, because you (and those creating fake accounts) just want others to do everything for you.

It is a topic about spending with a graph showing you are by far the dominant recipient. So of course it is about you. I don’t understand your persistent surprise that it would be.

Doesn’t matter if I do or don’t do anything, because I’m not asking for funding.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification. My advice: get a life, you need one, and remember that envy corrodes the soul.

I think the community has no way to decide, that’s why the voting power has been given to the CC which decides on behalf of the community. So in the end each member of the CC decides, whether he/she takes into consideration what other community people are saying is imo irrelevant. I have a feeling this will again end with the realization that the core was actually doing things in a good way, people just like to complain when things are not perfect and fail to realize that some things are hard and will never be perfect.

5 Likes

I see see little difference between how OC and CC operate. In the end the desciscion process is transparent and anyone can join on the forum or KeyBase to direct desciscion making. However, in reality few do, meaning that opinions of council members do have more weight because they have to vote and have to join the discussion to some extend. Often after the fact criticism arises, no system is perfect.

1 Like

You ask for $30k funding, complete none of the stated goals, fuck around with nostr a bit, and then come back for another $30k and tell us to get a life if we ask questions.

1 Like