Suggestion: Return CC funds to OC

I wouldn’t say we’re at risk of an out of control funds disaster. There’s the miners, which are currently a disaster. There are incomplete funding requests, however, OC has had issues like this, that’s started debates before. Even if a dev is doing good honest work; they might have miscalculated the task and seek more funding to complete it. It’s always going to happen to some extent unless everything is bounty based.

No, but I don’t think this is just on the CC. The CC is relying on the community to submit funding requests.

I agree. You could make an argument that having funds available is a burden. It goes against the essence of a grass roots project, because, more expect some kind of compensation and could consider it unmotivating if someone else is getting funded and they’re not.

CC returning funds isn’t going to stop funding requests when OC has funds. It’s more likely to just create more tension within the community and put more pressure on OC.

There was once a consideration by lehnberg to:

If for example, CC burned through all it’s funds. Providing those funds were inline with the donors request, then would that really be a bad thing?

1 Like