Request for Funding - Groundskeeper / Satoshocrat / Jan-Apr 2023

I send the above message to @satoshocrat on KeyBase, and will put it here as well for transparency.

Dear Satoshocrat,

I write on behalf of the community council and the community to you in regards to the funding you received as Ground Keeper for the period January-April:

In this funding request there were three deliverables:

• Keeping Grin CC meeting notes (not achieved)
• New website blog (not achieved)
• Responding to and resolving technical support requests via Grin++ telegram and or other channels (partly achieved)

From the above tasks, perhaps you have done some support for Grin++, but not for the full funding period. The other two objectives have not materialized. In the recent weeks, multiple community members and community council members tried to have contact with you to hear why these tasks were not fulfilled. Probably you have good reasons not to be able to produce these deliverables and we were willing to provide solutions, such compensating this work in the coming months. However, so far you refused to engage in the discussion or simply acknowledge the facts and take responsibility for failing to achieve the objectives for your funding period. This is independent on any past or present contributions you made as community member; these efforts are and will be appreciated but are independent of your tasks as Ground-keeper. As paid Ground-keeper, you are accountable for your work specified in a funding request.

After a lot of discussion in the CC meeting of 9th of May, it was decided by the community and community council to ‘officially request you to return the funds you received for this funding period on behalf of the community’. You can return the funds to the know Grin Community Council BTC and Grin addresses. Shit happens in life, and that is understandable. But we are all responsible and accountable for how we deal with whatever comes on our path. I hope you will be honest and fair with yourself as well as with the community and return the funds to the community.

Kind regards,

Anynomous (on behalf of the Community Council and the community)

10 Likes