RenGrin - Grin on Ren (Ren protocol)

Good day everyone :slight_smile:

I was looking at the Ren Documentation (https://renproject.io) today and figure it would be possible to implement the REN protocol (RENGRIN).

First we need to build a gateway contract for Grin, modelled on the gateway contracts available for ZEC, BTC…

Then build the smart contract that will allow to deposit, withdraw Grin…

I would love to do this for the community, and wonder if there are grants that would support me in my work :slight_smile:

Thank you :slight_smile:

What does Epic Cash have to do with anything? Am I understanding it right that you’re asking to take Grin funds to develop stuff for Epic Cash?

P.S. I don’t think anything mentioning Epic Cash will get funded and for a very good reason.

2 Likes

Sorry, that was clearly a typo, sorry for my mistake.

I corrected the original post.

I have no clue about REN so my question is what would grin gain if you would implement this smart contract? I suspect we could somehow trade grin for ren? If yes then i guess we would need to find someone who has ren (or wants it) to trade with him, which i guess would be pretty hard

you could then then trade RenGrin on uniswap for ETH,USDT,USDC
I think

That’s right :slight_smile:

It would allow Grin to be traded on Uniswap + forks, and allow it to be used in DeFi platforms

but I don’t think that support other coins like zcash, bitcoin, dogecoin, litecoin

I think he/ she wants funding to develop something for ‘Grin’ just so Epic cash can copy it.

1 Like