Privacy does not matter

I agree. It is not a product. It is a feature. And it *should be implied. It is with Grin–but it is a chord we can use. Privacy is integral to our universal currency system. Regular people should know why. And, as impossible as this may sound to you, we can make it cool–to use Grin. We have to dig through conversation to find big ideas. And I agree with you. We should talk more. You have a lot of to communicate. Nobody understands Grin and we need to teach them what it is. You just communicated it effectively. Please keep this note, or I will. We should write together about Grin.

Re: privacy - if this feature is translated through our interfaces and touch points delightfully, in a calculated way, it will move the needle for Grin. We won’t pursue ideas that don’t drive business consequences for Grin. That goes the same with intangible value as we design this layer. Our presentation needs to produce an affect; it must make people want to use Grin. That was what it was intended for.

Privacy is still a core tenet of this meaning system. It is designed with privacy by default for a reason. I just watched @lehnberg give his talk and he made this point. This was design with intent.

Privacy also connects to everything else so well, Ignus, and the invisibility cloak, and his views expressed at Grincon regarding privacy and his motivation for starting this project. I need this information so we can make privacy cool. It is meaningless to people. They live openly now. Like addicts.

We can ascribe new meaning for privacy with Grin. All of Grin’s functional qualities that transform (impact your life) should be understood to the lowest common denominator. Grin has to matter to people if we want them to use it.

if this child is to be accepted into the world to fulfill its purpose, we need to give Grin its voice so that it can communicate with people. We will find interesting things through these conversations. We need to get people talking about their views and how they see these qualities. Ultimately, how they see Grin, because we need to distill this into a language people understand, and that moves them to use Grin.

1 Like