Opinions regarding Grin

yikes. maybe epic isn’t a good idea and doesn’t contribute anything to the economy (of ideas or otherwise).

1 Like

This is a Grin platform. Not a platform for you to shill your own dev tax coin. Please go copy Grin again and create your own forum and discuss what you like there.

2 Likes

I’ve requested my account be deleted earlier today and my decision hasn’t changed. Not keen to get into lengthy discussions either but seeing as you have raised some valid points and this is a thread I started. I’m going to try to address them. Hopefully this will be my last post and you find it to your satisfication.

It totally is a relevant topic for discussion, I’m sure the moderators welcome such a contribution. Only reason for my questions asking if your involved with EPIC is because you mentioned a lot of things (Exchange listings, Utility payment system, etc) and I was confused if you were talking about Grin. Only after checking your previous posts did it dawn on me that you actually might have meant EPIC.

Management disgruntledness, user dissatisfaction, hardware abandonment and market price collapse are certainly some issues raised by the community. They have each been raised & shared by the community (myself included) through this forum and the community has begun to take action to address these concerns. The Grin council have also been supportive of any member doing what he or she feels is best regardless of the implications associated with said action.

Your post went completely against community guidelines & was rightfully removed

Grin actually encourages people to take any decision/action they see fit. Ever since bitcoin came out, we have had nothing but centralized projects (EPIC included) where marketing decisions are made solely by the project leaders while their respective communities are completely shut out of the process. It blatantly obvious that Grin’s model works in the interest of the community while I very much doubt the same can be said for EPIC (or the majority of shillcoins out there)

Unfounded statement. Please provide at least a single piece of evidence to back this claim. On the other hand, here is a list of your actions which convey a lot of Epic Cash’s ideals:

1. You have just copy/pasted the Grin repository
  2. Your team has not even contributed a single line of code to Grin or Epic.
  3. Your team have taken active steps to hide the fact that Epic was hard-forked from Grin
  4. You never thanked/acknowledged the Grin team (whom’s hard work your plagiarised) except once by a saying ‘thanks’ only when you were called out by the community. It really made you look like fools. You’ve demonstrated this further by spreading false unfounded statements in your last few posts
  5. Your preaching about the wellbeing of the community while your team has implemented a ridiculous 8.88% DEVELOPER fee WHILE YOUR TEAM HASN’T DEVELOPED ANYTHING.
  6. You spy on this forum and try to take advantage from any discourse. Your quote of censorship & HD-DVD was taken out of context from their original posts & twisted to suit your agenda.
  7. You know full well that Grin is decentralized and thus take advantage in knowing that the Grin developer team cannot respond to your false-accusations. I’m at a loss of words to even try to convey how nauseous you make me feel.

It is clear that EPIC cash is a scam, with not an iota of principles and completely lacking in character & morals.

Your post is filled with nothing but FAKE NEWS

I will never even consider investing (more like wasting) a penny in such a terrible project and team.

Do you seriously have no shame? You must be taking us as complete fools & bigots! You, alongside your team and project really sets a new bar for how low humanity can get.

2 Likes

The reason I’m here is because you come in to our telegram and sow discord. Please don’t do that. It’s unfortunate that you are so riled up to lose your composure and comport yourself like this.

We will redeploy our grin-budgeted donations elsewhere, since our cooperation is clearly not desired. No need to delete your account, as we will refrain from further participation here.

Best of luck.

I didn’t even know you had a telegram. loooooolz

No very riled up at all. I actually enjoyed writing this post.

Hallelujah! Glad to see your imaginary co-operation and grin budgeted donation out the door. See ya

Seriously, me deleting my account is in no way associated with the likes of you. Shutting you down was actually a major reason for me NOT to delete my account.

I’m gonna miss you but although I won’t be on the forums, I’m gonna target you down in all social media’s and expose you & Epic as the scams you truly are.

Oops, why you ban me from telegram? So long for censorship/ hearing your community/ decentralization that you were preaching about minutes ago. Nonetheless, I wouldn’t expect anything more from you.

P.S. Don’t forget to screen shot these messages. Your gonna be seeing it a ton load in the future. I might as well do some screen shots myself to prove to the world that you are the true impersonation of all the bad things you’ve tried to label this Project/team/community

Farewell & see you soon

As someone who has believed in Grin for a long time now I am sad to say I am concerned.

I have just asked questions in the dev meeting regarding my concerns over the increase in hash rate and anomalies in mining.

I am shocked that the team are behaving like “move a long here there is nothing to see”

One of my favourite fantasy series is the Wheel of Time. There are characters that only speak the truth. The problem is that they choose to speak truth in a way for you to believe what you want.

I do not believe there were lies in any of the answers I received. The omissions in clarification worry me.

Not clear whats been going on.

1 Like

Could you elaborate, what is in your eyes the problem with the increased hash rate, and what kind of response did you expect to receive in the dev meeting?

No one has explained, as far as I know, what happened here.

I think it is wrong to assume all is fine.

People have money invested in Grin.

If there is a serious flaw / issue it should be communicated to the community.

Something has happened.

I’m sorry for interrupting the meeting. I asked if anyone was going to discuss the issue in the dev meeting.

@mcdallas told me to raise the issue in the agenda for the meeting. When @Yeastplume asked if there was anything else to discuss I stepped in. I did not want to. I am glad I did.

No one has explained, as far as I know, what happened here.

The hashrate increased, that’s all we know. Grin is permissionless so we don’t know who/what is responsible. I don’t know what more you expect of us.

If there is a serious flaw / issue it should be communicated to the community.

If you have evidence of a flaw / issue, please provide it. Otherwise I think we should apply Occam’s razor

1 Like

I have a simple (Occam razor friendly) question: what decision or approach has the council taken to help decentralize the project?

One of the recent things that come to mind is the creation of subteams

1 Like

I see, that’s great. Thanks

tldr; more miners joined the network and it became less profitable to mine.

If you have money invested in grin the best you can do is stop spreading FUD about mysterious “flaws” and “the integrity of the network”

2 Likes

Allow me to explain with this simple visual aid:

3 Likes

@photon this is a disingenuous answer.

Are the new GPU’s that all came one within a few hours from a single actor?

Is it really equivalent to 115k 1080 GTX?

Could this new increase in GPU be a concerted effort to try and takeover the network?

People on telegram said the hash rate doubled.

What could have been said?

Let me see. How about this for example…
“There has been some rumours of issues with the Grin network.

This is not true

We have an in increase in the hash rate of x%.

This is not a 51 percent attack. This also does not appear to a result of bad actors but a sign of Grin popularity amongst new miners.

We have performed the following analysis that proves our statement. “

That is what CEO of large mega corporation would say to the press, but not what caretakers of fair and decentralized currency would say.

They don’t know and have no obligation or ability to confirm. My picture is the best answer you can get. Use your own judgement.

2 Likes

@photon You have failed to answer his question. Please properly read what he was asking. @Yawser knows that a ton load of GPU’s have came online, but he was being concerned about the % hashrate this mysterious person(s) was able to obtain in less than 2 hours. He was not asking how the hashrate increased. DUH!

This subteam thing was done around or even more than a month ago way before this recent spike in hashrate. I will rephrase the question in the hope to actually get a non-generic response: Has the council done anything to rectify the issue stemming from the recent hash rate spike which happened on the 2/3 August 2019?

Thank you

It’s what a CEO of a large mega co-oporation has to say due to regulations which have been put in place forcing them to reveal stuff so that their investors aren’t screwed!

They don’t want to say this, they have to say this. These are regulations which safeguard people from bad greedy actors. Not the opposite way around which seems to be your view.

Au contraire. I understand perfectly and the picture gives you the answer you seek. For further information feel free to travel around China’s remote hydroelectric dams and ask questions. Somebody might start talking.

3 Likes