Niffler, An out-of-the-box open sourced Grin GUI Wallet

Ok, I have to go to my safe deposit box to get the seed phrase. I’ll get it sometime today or tomorrow and restore from the seed.

Not sure if you saw my edit, but I wanted to mention to you that I fiddled with my router settings to try and open the right ports to receive via http/https before attempting the transaction. Do you think that has anything to do with it? It seems like the transaction just isn’t broadcasting for some reason or another. Maybe it’s something I did.

I don’t think it related.
As long as you could connect to internet, the transaction should be able to broadcast.

2 Likes

hey @xiaojay just wanted to say I love Niffler! Beatiful UI :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Hello, newb here trying to find a wallet for GRIN. When I install and open niffler on my mac it says “found grin wallet data exist; log in with original password” Not sure what grin wallet it found on my mac or what. Could it be the wallet I have on a VM linux? Any help appreciated.

Do you use the official grin cli wallet before?

Niffler wallet use the the official grin cli wallet as backend, So it could recognize the wallet you created before, which should be in your home dir ~/.grin.

@lacroix Glad you like it :smile: Thank you.

I do. but I installed a VM with linux to run the wallet. is it reading it off of that onto my mac? If so when I type in the password I use for my wallet, it says incorrect.

the wallet created before have any grin in it?
if no grin it, you cloud remove it by these instructions.
1、open Terminal. entry command:
mv ~/.grin ~/.grin2

then open Niffler again to create a new wallet.

1 Like

That worked. Thanks!. Must have been it created a wallet when I was first transfer grins on mac with no success. Hence I created a VM with linux. Thanks a lot

HI, the new problem is that the backup seed phrase for grinpurse is not 24 words long, so I can not recover the wallet with niffler.

Edit: Ok, so I recovered using grinpurse. Then grinpurse got stuck on ‘connecting to wallet’, so I opened niffler, entered my password, and bam, all funds still there, not locked anymore. So that’s good news. Now I wonder if I can send grin…or if I’m stuck in an infinite loop.

Edit 2: After reading the recent update from Yeastplume, I’ve decided to wait until after this upgrade before testing a transaction.

Glad to know you have restore your wallet.
ok i will support 12 seeds in next version of niffler.

and i think it will ok to send grin now.
but wait until after hardfork is ok too

2 Likes

Great thanks for your help. Grinpurse uses a 15 word seed, but yeah that would be great if you added support for grinpurse seed recovery.

15? are you sure? I think it only could be 12 or 24, if use the official grin cli wallet.

2 Likes

Yeah i’m sure it’s 15. I triple checked.

Edit: 15 words, plus the password, not sure if that password counts as a 16th word.

@xiaojay will we need to reinstall Niffler wallet after Grin 2.0.0 release?

yes, I am now starting update Niffler’s code for hard fork

4 Likes

Thanks for the update :+1: :cake:

1 Like

[xiaojay] please help to understand. green purse isn’t working and I installed a niffler … I entered the code for green purse and niffler worked. the attempt to send the transaction 1 green on poloniex my money is blocked… your wallet writes available 0 and everything else is blocked. what did I do wrong? Poloniex sent with Slate 0 file
an hour later as soon as I canceled the transaction all unlocked … sorry to bother you. I don’t understand.
is it possible to send to poloniex?

1 Like

[xiaojay] you do not know why green purse writes minnet offline and tries to make a connection or where I can find about this information so nervous

1 Like

At the moment, it seems that you can withdraw Grin from Poloniex to Niffler wallet but not go in the other direction i.e. not send Grin from Niffler to Poloniex. Some said Polo. have not updated to latest Grin version. Hopefully they will after fork. See this thread for more details:

4 Likes