Niffler, An out-of-the-box open sourced Grin GUI Wallet

Niffler wallet v0.4.0 is available.

Niffler v0.4.0 is an beta version, which support Grin’s first hard fork in Mid-July.
It’s use the official grin-wallet v2.0.0 as backend.

Download it and reinstall before hard fork :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for the update. PS is there anywhere in the wallet UI where you can see the version no.?

will be added in next version.

1 Like

How can we trust security on this wallet?

1 Like

It’s open sourced, you could check out the code and build it yourself.

3 Likes

thanks, works perfect!
Was unable to transfer from mwgrinpool because of Grin V2 update.
Now it’s synced and transactions are accessible

1 Like

Just wanted to pop in and say that as someone who was around for the launch of GRIN but left not long after, coming back to GRIN and seeing this wallet and how easy it made withdrawing from a pool to a wallet instead of an exchange was unreal and really rekindled my excitement for GRIN again. The Hedwig relay is a killer feature, I don’t know if other Windows GUI wallets use it but Niffler is already my favourite from that alone.

5 Likes

I agree with you. Was using the great wallet713 before but I don’t know why it’s not working anymore on my mac… Niffler sounds promising after a few tests. Didn’t try Hedwig yet as Kucoin blocked withdraw for now (probably because of the HF) but will do. I also agree +++ with the grin dev @quentinlesceller that a completely standalone app would be a must.

people are playing with that terrible 713… didn´t even start that crap :smile:
I am using Niffler from the beginning as my first wallet and Hedwig is the best & easiest transaction of Grin. Why should I act difficult, doing all the stupid shit on Linux making those terrible transactions to w713 when there is absolutely easy and smart option… and that is Niffler.

Hello, I am trying to deposit from a transaction file generated on GrinMint. I can add the file to Niffler, but the transaction status never changes from “unconfirmed”.

Can you assist?

withdraw from grinmnit?
you should send back the tx file which was generated by your Niffler wallet to grinmint. let grinmint finalize and post this tx.

@DigDug

After reading up on the relay service I am keen to switch from wallet713. Is wallet compatibility affected in any way because of the hard fork?

Kucoin has just started with opening up withdrawal of grin. I used the hedwig function, however my transactions all fail. Before the hardfork, it worked perfectly. I downloaded and installed niffler 0.4.0.
I contacted kucoin, they say it is an issue outside their capabilities.
Anyone familiar with this problem?

@abcdefg12

I’m having the same issue on Gate.io - I tried sending Grin from there to my wallet 4 times now and every tx fails. The support asked if my wallet supports 2.0 fork and I said yes because I have 0.4.0 - not sure what the issue is

@MF_Grin

So before the hf you could withdraw using hedwig?

@abcdefg12 Nope, bought my first Grin on an exchange yesterday. :slight_smile:

Not too much, just a small amount to support the project as I like what they are doing

Niffler wallet v0.4.1 released.

v0.4.1 is a bug fix version after the grin first hard fork.
fix bug: could not receive grin via hedwig or http/https method on windows.

Every user should download and reinstalled (overwrite install the old one) it.

@abcdefg12
@MF_Grin

5 Likes

Nicy! I´ll always love Niffler and your most epic Hedwig transaction method. Cheeeers :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Withdraw from gate.io worked with the update

Thanks @xiaojay

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@xiaojay

ty for the update, my coins are still in process at kucoin using the old wallet(0.4.0). Should I wait for the update or just install and let the transaction fail(kucoin).