GRN1 Cancellation Announcement

Thank you for understanding

1 Like

i am not sure he will reply again. atleast not this thread

Hello all,

does it mean that GRIN cryptocurrency has reached the finish line and buying mining like G32 is money lost?

Thanks in advace for yours reply.

1 Like

Not at all in my opinion. It’s just making a shift away from the Obelisks to the Innosilicon machines listed on https://www.asicminervalue.com/ Although you may want to go to the Innosilicon website to get a better price. But also, considering the nature of your question, you may want to consider paying a higher price from any of the vendors listed on the https://www.asicminervalue.com/ website to have your mining hardware ‘hosted’, because ‘building’ your own GRN wallet and setting up your mining pool, for most people is just too complicated and risky. Others on this forum may disagree but that is my opinion. --Cheers!

I don’t think it’s any different for a mining company. If you are going to gamble with risky investments you need to do that with your own money not the money customers gave you in a preorder to fund a project.

Would I expect a mining hardware company to have a portion of their assets in crypto? Yes.

Would I expect a mining company to take money for a preorder and then gamble that money by leaving it in or putting it into a high risk investment before the product has been produced and delivered? No.

When speculating I believe you need to be in control, when bitfinex made thier shit coin after the hack I sold it at the day one price point and pulled off thier site and they can go die in a fire even if they eventually pay back everything according to thier little game, I didn’t want to play thier game I thought all my money disappeared for two weeks and I wasn’t trusting them and I got pennies on the dollar. Fuck them.

Poeple are only responsible for gambles they make in games they chose to play. If someone sent in btc to a kick starter of a coin related corp I think they should get bitcoin back as that reflects an actaul return to the original state. That this mining corp didn’t call it a kickstarter doesn’t change that it was in hindight.

The laws that make that impactical are wrong, and should be worked around with something or other in the future.

1 Like

The law of consequences has been around from day one. People shouldn’t expect to be spoon fed and protected like babies. You don’t take due delegence and get burned is expected. Totally appropriate. Are we gonna blame the bankers for the 2008 recession and ignore the fact that millions of people took out loans they knew they couldn’t afford and in most cases couldn’t even be bothered to read the terms. Of course not, these people who took out these mortgages deserve to lose their homes and live on the streets.

Every action/inaction carried consequences, some good some bad but entirely depended on the person taking the action.

You can whine about this like others cry about gravity. Truth is, this reality will never change and guess what, you will always meet the same fate when you jump out of skyscraper. Gravity doesn’t care if u believe it or not, it applies universally

Can anyone explain why there is sudden increase in hash rate and difficulty since Aug 3
unknown pool has 27.5% of hash rate. Sparkpool had around 425 KGps until 2 Aug has increased upto 220KGps and now 635KGps why ?

4 a while i think, maybe they testing somthingÂż

Yes may be but such huge rise need a lot of GPUs

mmmmm. GPU mining will soon become -ve

Yes rewards have gone down upto 45% and at current price GPU mining is -ve but then how could someone with so many GPUs start mining is he getting free or cheap power. Or running some new own program which gives high hashing at lesser power

wait. how much GP can 3 NVIDIA 2080 give u

check the ASICS , it’s the ERA now

It’s not a surprise that Obelisk failed, but it is a first that Obelisk is offering refunds. If they actually follow through with those refunds, that is.

In my case, Obelisk refused any and all refunds. They had an attorney tell the court a series of untrue things, like for example, that the sale was a “Kickstarter Campaign.” The recording of the attorneys for Obelisk is all linked in this article.

Obelisk then force-delivered the shipments to me (after I requested that they keep it) and tried to shift the burden of disposing the e-waste on me. I’ve written regulators offices to complain, and UPS agreed to pick up and return the goods to Obelisk.

I’ll be interested in seeing if the GRN1 owners get refunds as expected.

Obliesk should’ve branched our their resources more, I believe this would’ve been a successful sale for obelisk and would’ve profited them for multiple batches. They made the mistake of making a system that only mines 1 algorithm on a dual PoW cuckoo. Then, after siacoin and decred, fall through with this sale. Grin undoubtedly is been the asset to manufacture & distribute ASIC’s for. Even with daily peers, with profits as they are and when ASIC’s jump on the network, ASIC mining over the course of a year would be MORE than profitable.

Has anyone else been getting the runaround on refunds for the canceled GRN 1 Obelisk machines. The company in France where I bought from starts with the letter “S”, and they were trying to shuttle their disappointed Obelisk clients into a crappy cloud mining contract. And they told everyone that they won’t get refunded until October because, “it has to go through our insurance company”. Well they should fire their insurance company!

How does anyone know they’ll get paid at all? Is anyone interested in a class action lawsuit for both Obelisk and the “S” company?

When are we going to see more YouTube videos about GRIN??? And I know we have a GRN YouTuber out there who is trying his best, but why isn’t there more interest?

sesterce?¿[quote=“UncleWiggly, post:64, topic:5624”]
why isn’t there more interest?
[/quote]

we are just starting, but things can come up, come ‘20’

Obelisk has paid out all GRN1 refunds as of this time. (all refunds actually completed a few weeks ago now). Only people who bought directly from Obelisk will have received refunds.

If you bought through a reseller and the reseller actually placed an order with Obelisk, that reseller will have already received a refund, and should be able to pass the refund through to you. I’m not sure why insurance would be involved.

LOL! They got an insurance company to underwrite the risk of GRN cancellation? The company “S” or formerly “B” has shady practices to say the least.

1 Like