GRN1 Cancellation Announcement

As said by you BTC received was converted to USD$, kindly clarify/prove with the link of block page when and how much BTC was converted to USD$. Total BTC received last payment received on which day. Almost all people will get answer.

1 Like

who said anything about bitcoinÂż.

They would be complaining that btc is the true base currency yet laws would dictate that they are refunded in usd or some shit which given the several months is like declaring they invested in usd

1 Like

Though I’m not surprised by the cancellation I think they would have been insane not to convert that money to USD on receipt. You are talking about a real company with real people who need real paychecks. You can’t just leave all that money in a highly speculative and risky investment. If you actually intend to produce the product that was promised then you need to convert to fiat and ensure that you have the capital on hand to pay staff, purchase parts, ect… Getting refunded for the fiat value should be a forgone conclusion. If bitcoin was down 75% instead of being up then no one would be complaining but the fact of the matter is that you had your money in a different investment at the time and you aren’t due the gains that you would have had if you had invested your money differently. I think people should be happy to be getting refunds in fiat as opposed to getting delivered a miner that can’t ROI before it’s obsolete.

1 Like

what about those that bought from “trusted vendors”

Yes what you say is right but what if Obelisk proves that they have converted BTC to fiat

Obelisk said they converted

Of course I am more than glad to hear it. Naturally I much prefer that it was an actual business decision than an intervention by the money masters. Thanks for the research! It’s just that the crypto wars are still going on with regulation and manipulation, but I’m not saying anything that you don’t already know. --Cheers

“Squeak Squeak” said the little mouse!

when-youre-winning-the-argument-with-facts-and-they-start-57671134

Are you here to make an intelligent contribution or are you here to engage in the all too often inflammatory rhetoric of cultural Marxists who want to ban free speech, and of course I see that have invited a gang of fellow ‘antifas’ because you cannot frame an intelligent argument without smoke coming out of your ears.

So I guess you think that the very first Amendment to the Constitution was just kidding eh? —I know you won’t listen to the following but it is an attempt to give you some perspective on why free speech was so important to the “Founding Fathers”. It may not have been a perfect Constitution, but it was a hell of a good start. Type this into YT: [ Identity politics and the Marxist lie of white privilege ] It’s about 2.5 hours of intelligent ideas and history, but I’m pretty sure you are too far gone to benefit.

This quotation – which is sometimes mis-attributed to Voltaire himself – is often cited to describe the principle of freedom of speech. In “The Friends of Voltaire”, Evelyn Beatrice Hall wrote the phrase: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”.

First Amendment to the United States Constitution: regarding freedom of speech, freedom of the press, religious freedom, freedom of assembly, and right to petition

1 Like

This a Grin forum, we people interested in Grin come to discuss issues associated with Grin. No one cares about your opinion in regards to Marxists or the constitution. Plus it doesn’t make you seem intelligent at all, in fact, quiet the contrary. However when you use offensive remarks that runs contrary to the ideals and values of this forum, it needs to be rightly raised. Stop spewing none-sense and try to keep your attention on what this forum is solely about… GRIN. If you want to talk about politics and rights, then take it to the appropriate forum in reddit or whatever.

Also, if you had an iota of self respect you would offer @imegi and all the members of this forum an apology. But this too seems lacking

1 Like

Trust me, you have my silence. No more political parallels, --as you have just demonstrated, I was pretty sure that you were too far gone to benefit.

And my apology to the following: @Yeastplume @lehnberg @jaspervdm @quentinlesceller @david @igno.peverell @antioch

I have not been on this forum long enough to recognize those tags. At first glance, I thought those were a group of “Swizz_beatz” personal friends who were going to send me a barrage of the same ignorance and vitriol that he was spewing. --Thanks

Trust me, you have my silence. No more political parallels

Thank God!

I was pretty sure that you were too far gone to benefit

I’m comfortable with myself and qualities so I literally could’ve care less about your snips or opinion

I thought those were a group of “Swizz_beatz” personal friends who were going to send me a barrage of the same ignorance and vitriol that he was spewing

I work alone so there’s no need to get delusional.

Thanks

Welcome :smile:

1 Like

Okay, do a comparison on both mine and your own dialogs. My comment on your obvious vitriol was totally accurate. Now please leave it at that! --Thanks

Isn’t that far more up in the air with mining hardware company?

I mean I understand why it is, but that doesn’t mean I would be happy or that it shouldn’t be better.

As I requested before again I request to Obelisk @Taek kindly give proof of total number of orders received, date of last payment received and link to conversion of BTC to fiat. It will answer to almost all questions. And also request to @Yeastplume @lehnberg @jaspervdm @quentinlesceller @david @igno.peverell @antioch kindly discuss in future meeting regarding this. We wish Obelisk are genuine and if in the name of Grin some thing wrong has been done we need to stop…

1 Like

Why should Obelisk have to provide any of that info? They’re a private company.

It’s outlined in their agreement that payments are stated in US dollars and that refunds would be expressed in equivalent US dollars at the time the refund was provided (less any processing fees).

Having question unanswered might be frustrating but this question needs to be directed at @Taek & Taek alone.

Grin is a decentralized project and maintaining this property is absolutely critical. Hence safeguards were introduced in order to prevent ASIC manufacturers from creating a monopoly. @tromp has been very clear from the start and gone through great trouble to ensure this information was easily available to everyone. He has even responded personally to all queries posted on Gitter/telegram/twitter/grin foums/etc. It would be a sin to even try fault him or any member of the council for that matter.

I would agree with the comments left by:

Then it was dropped to C31 Nov’18 so it must have been at this point when Obelisk committed to gamble with single-die C31 design so not sure about your timeline there.

@Taek when was this announced " Cuckatoo31" nov 2018? Obelisk has just bad management, they could have made better decisions and gamble less. Everybody knows the crypto industry is subject to change and the market.

• @Neo explained how this was a logical conclusion perfectly

Ignotus and the core developer team have demonstrated the importance of decentralization time and time again. Following that spirit and their countless examples, I request that the Grin council DO NOT discuss this in any future meeting. The council already has a lot on their plate and god bless them, they have always went above and beyond their duty to address any concerns that any member of this large community has. I for one would feel at great unease to request they address this. They are not to blame at all in this matter and their involvement carries a risk that is too high to stake.

I don’t intent to cause you any offense. Just hoping this clarifies who is really at fault

@Neo and @Swizz_beatz thank you for your replies, understood and agree, hope many others have got answer to their questions and I also agree @Yeastplume @lehnberg @jaspervdm @quentinlesceller @david @igno.peverell @antioch Grin council as @Swizz_beatz said need not discuss this in any furture.

1 Like