GrinGoldMiner Windows mining

Hello. Do you mean that you need 8 gigabytes of RAM for each card???

No 4-8 gb system ram is enough and then you go to Windows settings and change virtual memory to 48GB

Currently testing Beta v2 with my rig, results range from 2.04 to 2.2gps. Some improvement, but still a long way to go. Fingers crossed!

I could get a max of 5/8 x RX 570 GPUs working on my rig.
And the results range from 0.77 gps to 0.80 gps per card.

Nice to know that AMD is also supported, but the results are disappointing

You can call this AMD alpha version. It is likely that we will be able to get it much closer to nvidia. You could say that this is how AMD does when executing code written on nvidia. Donā€™t expect AMD to stay this slow for long.

2 Likes

@photon Thanks for working on GGM-AMD to make it perform closer to GGM-NVIDIA.

If we had a CPU w/ only 2 cores in our 8 x RX 570 rig, do we have to consider upgrading our CPU to 4 cores to handle all 8 GPUs?

I will implement CPU load detection before main-net that will automatically increase number of trims and reduce CPU load. But the GGM miner is heavily multi-threaded and Celerons cost 30$ for a reason so having non-garbage tier CPU will always help in near future.

You may also check your virtual memory settings, make it as high as possible.

3 Likes

Does anyone know if we upgraded our CPU from 2 cores to 4 cores, will the miner will be able to handle/run 8 GPUs?

IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ i5-7400 Processor

similar CPU i3-8100 runs 6 1080TI just fine at 65% CPU load. So youā€™re probably fine to run 8

Just trying this out now. Single GeForce GTX 1080 on Windows 10 with a i5-6600 holding consistently ~3.3 gps

sounds about right. You should be able to bump it to 3.5 if you overclock +100 core, +300 memory and increase the power limit to 90%

1 Like

are these 8gb cards, and presumably youā€™re mining Cuckaroo29?

I currently have IntelĀ® CeleronĀ® Processor G3950 == 2 cores

I am thinking of upgrading to IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ i5-7400 Processor == 4 cores

ā€¦to be able to handle all 8 x RX 570 GPU cards in my rig.

Thoughts anyone, if this will do the trick?!

Hi @pkr , not sure if it scales linearly, but I have an i5-7400 in my 4xVega64 rig, and it only ever reaches 35~38% utilization using the Beta2 version of the GGM in Win10 Pro.

So I hear beta3 improved AMD performance? Can someone confirm for rx570/580?
Vegas can now reach 2.7-2.9

did a quick test on 6x RX570/8G (micron memory)

1 Like

That looks pretty good @dewminer76 how many cores does your CPU have?

there is 2C/4T Pentium G4560 CPU

1 Like

Hi guys.

Vega56 x 6 (referens x 4 + 2 plate card)/ 960watt