Grin v2.0.0 and Grin-wallet v2.0.0, which include support for the upcoming hard fork, have been released. Changes in these releases have been almost entirely focused on hard fork support and ensuring the entire ecosystem will be running the same version of the transaction-exchange format (the Slate) post-upgrade.
These are required updates for all users, and we recommend everyone take the opportunity to update as soon as possible.
Overview of Changes
- Support for Blockheader version 2 (post fork)
- Support for tweaked post-HF secondary proof of work, ‘Cuckarood’
- Support for new Bulletproof rewind scheme
- Version information function added to node API
- Modify stratum-> Wallet communication to use V2 wallet API
- Drop support for v0 and v1 Slates, and only use the V2 format.
- Drop support for V1 wallet API. The new V2 API will be maintained going forward, with full documentation here
- Drop support for older versions of Grin’s Node API. The wallet must be run against a v2.0.0 or newer Grin node, and will halt activity if the configured node is v1.1.0 or earlier.
- Support for new Bulletproof rewind scheme, which will be applied to all outputs created by v2.0.0.
Binary downloads and detailed release notes
Final notice: July hard fork
Please be advised that a breaking upgrade will happen at block height 262,080 and pre-2.0.0 wallets and nodes will stop working at this point. All users will need to upgrade to version 2.0.0 in order to be able to continue using Grin.
|Wallet||Compatible with node||Supports sending tx slates||Supports receiving tx slates|
|v1.0.x||v1.0.x or greater||v0/v1||v0/v1|
Until the time of the hard fork, 2.0.0 wallets are fully compatible with 1.1.0 wallets to send and receive grin, as long as v2 slate version are used to send. These are used by default in v2.0.0. To send a v2 slate using wallet version v1.1.0, include the
-v 2 flag in the send command.
For any feedback, questions, concerns, or problems, please contact Daniel Lehnberg: