Grin and Grin wallet 3.0.0 have been released and are ready for use in advance of the upcoming hard fork in mid-January.
The hard-fork is scheduled on block 524,160, around Jan 15, 2020. Everyone is urged to upgrade to 3.0.0 as soon as possible, as the 2.x series will stop working at this time.
This release contains many new features, improvements and enhancements, all of which are detailed below. Big thanks goes out to everyone who has contributed their time and efforts to getting us to this point!
Major changes and enhancements
- ASIC-Resistant PoW is changed to Cuckaroom29 post-hard fork (Reference solvers are included in the grin-miner project)
- TUI logs screen
- Node API V2
- fast sync validation now shows progress during kernel and rangeproof validation
- Enable fast sync (consensus changes)
- Fix for tcp stream nonblocking flag
- No more checking (old) orphans during txhashset write (fast sync)
- Ability to stop txhashset mid download (fast sync)
Details for all node changes for the 3.0.0 release can be found here:
- Detailed notes on all walllet changes for both users and upstream developers can be found here. Note that 3.0.0 wallets are able to transact with 2.x.x wallets with caveats around new feaures as outlined in the notes.
Details on all wallet changes for the 3.0.0 release can be found here: