Grin Payment Gateway/Processor

I’ve been thinking about a Payment Gateway for a while. BTCPay Server is a really robust platform, but for now I think that a minimalist version should work. I’m thinking about a simple dockerized, self-hosted, scalable, plugin oriented, open-source Grin payment processor; the idea is that in the future anyone could create a plugin for WooCommerce, for instance.

I don’t want to reinvent the wheel, but I don’t know the status of this: GitHub - cyclefortytwo/knockturn-allee: Self-hosted Grin payment processor

It would be nice what it would be considered a MVP, which feature should have, how important is this for the Grin Community?

9 Likes

having a woocommerce plugin is really a good start ( WooCommerce was the worldwide leading e-commerce software platform in 2020, with a market share of 28.24%). like any other payment method, you could simply choose to pay using GRIN by scanning a QR code (an invoice). the challenge here is that the vendor need to keep his wallet online. and maybe later the plugin would have to also handle async transaction.

BTCpayserver example is off course the best thing to have.

I think this is critically important. Grin is made for payments. When the network becomes more mature (in my opinion it takes 1 year) grin should be used in commerce.

1 Like

Would it be sufficient for such WooCommerce plugin to validate a payment proof of a transaction to process the order? If yes, then perhaps transaction validation service mentioned in here could do the trick and act as a primitive Payment Gateway?