Grin++ (mobile) - Progress update thread by @davidtavarez

Nice! “Coinbase” is for mined transactions, right? Must users think of the company when they see that, and most users are not miners, so maybe something along these ideas:

• hide that tab if it’s empty
  • and/or rename it to Newly Mined or Mined
4 Likes

Regarding the overall design. I think you should look at what BRD wallet and Tari Aurora are doing.
I find both app UX really great in term of setup and global usage.
I’m not fond of the multiple page where it’s not extra clear there is something else on the left and right.
Also I don’t think you need a Coinbase tab.
BRD login:

BRD main screen (unnecessary in your case IMO since there is only Grin):

And Bitcoin main screen:

And here is Tari first setup:

You might also want to look at Argent which I think looks great.
This is just my 2 cents :slight_smile:, design is a very personal thing and it’s your app.

7 Likes

This is really great! Congrats on such results so quickly! I’m looking forward to make Ironbelly and Grin++ Mobile to work together seamlessly!

4 Likes

It’s the other way around, coinbase company name comes from the fact that newly minted coins are called coinbase. Users who are confused by that will have to learn the terminology or something. If the mobile wallet will have coin control it will be important to know which outputs are coinbase. Maybe it can be an advanced feature that gets toggled on though

Awesome! I got two feature requests, if you find the time:

• Add option to send max amount of coins, as I outlined here.
  • Not directly related to the mobile app; Add a Scan button to manually rescan for outputs. Currently Grin++ requires to resync the chain if there’s a discrepancy in balance (happens quite often). I don’t remember if the back-end for this has been implemented by davidb yet or not, but this is probably the biggest thing missing in Grin++ a the moment.

Cheers.

edit:

• Option to connect wallet to a remote node.
2 Likes

Now there is two more post to follow the process:

And…

I will keep this thread exclusively for the updates and the app itself.

3 Likes

moved topic to #techtalk .

Some updates.

In short words: now, I will be focused on bringing the mobile app into life! even if I’m not able to deliver all the features that I want for the first release, I’m still very confident we will have a fully functional Grin++ mobile app for December.

13 Likes

Some screenshots now.

16 Likes

Looking great!
Gotta love that 〜(ᵐ‿ʷ)〜 touch at the end (thanks to @grn I guess).

5 Likes

Yes, thanks to @grn I will try to use the Some Grin Emoticons instead of the classic emoticons.

2 Likes

Thanks for using them. I love to see them in the wild.

To me it looks great. I only noticed one thing: I confused the account list items in the first screen with action buttons when I looked first at it. It may help to say “Wallets” above them. And maybe a more list-like look?

Username and Password in a crypto wallet ?

mmmm with Grin++ you can create multiple accounts, maybe “username” isn’t the proper word, maybe “account” is more explicit; you can read more information about grin++ here: https://grinplusplus.github.io/

1 Like

This Grin++ wallet for android is app?

Nice, you’re making great progress on this :+1:

I would assume that may confuse people into thinking this a custodian service.
Plus, it’s somewhat different from other wallets that allow you to create multiple accounts under one seed instead of creating and backing up new seeds for each account.

3 Likes

Is it possible to run a full node on mobile(no root) at the moment?

Nice! I installed the apk and it works really well. Very rapid responsiveness. It would be cool if the blinking | that indicates where text entry is occurring could be changed from the default of black to yellow or something. I needed to edit a password and couldn’t figure out where I was typing or if the text box was even selected. Really great work!