Grin It to Win It - Best Meme Bounty - Begins 8 pm EST Today :)

Begins 8 pm EST Today through Sunday (morn) 3 am EST

Wow!

Quite happy with the outpouring of support and motivation here on the reddit, forum and telegram.

I have read through the idea-share, and here’s what I think will work:

-Tabulation of “Best Meme” will be raw shares, upvotes across all platforms. This will incentivize the submitter to be active in the process and engagement.

-Memes must be new content, (videos, gifs, pics) creatively edited to showcase grin, either in humorous way, or showing the fundamentals of privacy, scalability or emission, or “Time” (1 grin per second forever.)

-There will be a 10% bonus to upvote, share numbers if it includes a technical fundamental.
-There will be a 20% bonus to upvote, share numbers if it includes a Harry Potter context.

To best disseminate the message, it will help if:

Twitter: the meme is tagged with #GrinIttoWinIt Reddit: You can post in /r/cryptocurrency, etc. but linking back to /r/grincoin will help community share and tabulation.
Forum: Please keep the memes contained to the post (of the same name) as to not “spam” the forum.

Contributions to bounty:

Please post below your intended contribution as a comment; I will reach out to you on message, and acknowledge below when it has been received.

I will also share the seed with David, Mac, John, Tromp etc. if they’d like to assist, and for transparency.

To allow a period of fair access to this opportunity, and to spot any errors in these parameters, the contest will begin today 8 pm EST.

Most Importantly - HAVE FUN - please no: unnecessary aggression, shaming, BOTs will be instantly disqualifying!

I will update the bounties as best I can as they come in:

Bounty total: 195 grin

-Jaw709 - 10 grin
-“anonymous” - 6 grin to runner-up
-anonymous - 10 grin
-nirg -21 grin
-BigTuna - 10 grin
-David B - 20 grin
-John Davies - 20 grin
-Grn - 23 grin!
-Mac - 50 grin
-anonymous - 25

We are now at 195 grin bounty for the creative recipient of best meme! :smiley:

Y’all have out-done yourselves. Feel proud.

If anyone wishes to contribute please use this slate address. The node will stay on. If you want recognition, feel free to comment thanks!

grin1um2wasvf8xrgvfx02c0hp4scunxljnc9ej6t0hzlfw0jxuakp7qq4yasm4

5 Likes

One small issue I foresee is that not everyone has private accounts for all platforms.
E.g. I cannot twitter any memes since posting on Twitter would automatically reveal my identity, which I prefer to to keep anonymized/pseudonymous.
Anyhow, just a minor issue, nothing big.

2 Likes

I have a similar question with @Anynomous I do not have a twitter account. Can I upload in reddit or grin forum? If a third party also wants can upload my meme to twitter when it is ready :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I hear you, well I mean you can always share the meme here, or have someone share it on your behalf?

The idea of a meme is its ability to go viral; I think finding a surrogate memer might be the answer

Hey I just responded to the other post as well on this issue. I think it would be best then to find a surrogate memer, otherwise you can post here and then link anonymously another platforms. Thank you for the feedback

Small issue, you cannot post more than three consecutive replies on the Best Meme Bounty post, so I cannot post anymore memes until someone else made a response there since the last three post were mine.

1 Like

Haha I hope this counts! By the way, I got a grin mobile node working on a secure minimal OS if anyone is wishing to contribute, no pressure

Ok… So the first image is ready. Friends of Grin. Decentralization, Infinity, Scalability, Anonymity/Privacy. I start to work on a meme gif. I hope I ll be in time :slight_smile: Infinity symbol is a lorenz attractor but looks like infinity symbol so I used it.

1 Like

Love it It’s almost like a flag for grin

1 Like

If you want you can share it in twitter :slight_smile:

1 Like

If anyone wishes to contribute please use this slate address. The node will stay on. If you want recognition, feel free to comment thanks!

grin1um2wasvf8xrgvfx02c0hp4scunxljnc9ej6t0hzlfw0jxuakp7qq4yasm4

1 Like

We are now at 30 grin (mine included) thanks for the contribution of nirg :slight_smile:

If anyone in here donated that additional 10 grin to the meme bounty fund this morning, thank you.

Let me know if you want credit. The total now stands at 46 delicious grin :grinning:

1 Like

I just send you my 6 Grin, to be given to the runner-up.

1 Like

Awesome and received thank you

We are now up to a bounty of 77 total grin! David B donated 20 grin

I just want to say I think it’s awesome the community uniting for a common cause!

A few more days left, super impressed with the contributions so far. Grin on, time warriors :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks to 3 whopping sponsors today, between David Burkett, John Davies, and GRN, We are now at 120 grin bounty for the creative recipient of best meme! :smiley:

Y’all have out-done yourselves. Feel proud.

1 Like

Someone just contributed 50 grin y’all… We are now up to 170 grin bounty :open_mouth::upside_down_face::sunglasses: meme like there’s no time like the present lol. (if you want to)

2 Likes

Make that 195! We are coming up on the weekend, and that is prime time in meme city, population grin.

Will post a follow up later on today :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Final post before the conclusion of Grin it to Win It best meme bounty:

Bounty totals 195 grin

https://www.reddit.com/r/grincoin/comments/mnt2rr/grin_it_to_win_it_best_meme_bounty_now_totals_195/?

Have you memed your best meme? Do you have any untapped kernels of creativity to spark into existence? The prize abounds.

1 Like