Economy Development

Hello. I have studied Economy in the past six years, and I’d like to give insight to the community in order to foster economic development. I’m willing to write articles and coordinate action. I’m expecting to be paid 50 GRIN for that, and the payment can be delayed until the article is complete and approved. Here is the sketch for this first article:

TITLE: “CRYPTO: ASSET & LIABILITY”

INTRODUCTION: “THE NATURE OF CREDIT”

SECTION HEADER: “DON’T GIVE IT AWAY, ASK FOR GOODS AND SERVICES”

SECTION HEADER: “SPEND IT IF YOU CAN, INVEST IT IF YOU MUST”

SECTION HEADER: “MORE PEOPLE, MORE PRODUCTIVITY”

If anybody is interested in doing business with me, let me know. I’ll revisit the forum regularly in the upcoming month.

5 Likes

What an excellent initiative! Welcome to our community! I suggest people start recommending potential peer reviewers.

1 Like

if you want to get paid by writing, why don’t you open a substack account or something? why don’t you just start writing? You can try to expand these thoughts CryptoProfG – Medium or debate those posts, or expand them maybe.

I mean, I get it, maybe you like Grin and you want to start writing about it, but I think it would be better if one could read what you have to say first, maybe it is not that good or maybe it is so good that can sparks some goo discussions, who knows…

anyways, probably you want to post this here https://slatepacks.com/

3 Likes

I don’t want to be paid by writing. I want to do business, and I always ask for a token of commitment from the other party while trying to find someone. I’m not asking upfront payment, I’m just asking for commitment, so I can rest assured that I’m not wasting my time.

I don’t even give criticism for free. Criticism is helpful, and even though I’m impelled to give some, I will not.

How much you charge for “Criticism”? Asking for a friend

1 Like

Criticism is cheaper. I can give you criticism regarding the overall cryptocurrency environment (and that includes GRIN) for only 15 GRIN. However, the payment is upfront.

There is a website called Fiverr, maybe it is helpful for you https://www.fiverr.com/

I’d pay you to write about what economic theory and setting GRIN fits best in… but do you have any sample of your work?

1 Like

I’d pay you to write about what economic theory and setting GRIN fits best in…

That’s enough. I will not provide previous works (because that would make me identifiable), but I’ll write the article and submit it to your review. The article itself would be the “previous work” you expect to have.

I have 50 grin for you if you can write an article on “why grin is not dead” and it makes sense.

2 Likes

I have 50 grin for you if you can write an article on “why grin is not dead” and it makes sense.

I’ll also consider that. I have the following two starting points on “why grin is not dead”:

• grin is not dead because we are not dead
  • the linear inflation of grin makes it suitable as a unit of account for debts, and loaning (an activity vital so that people can start businesses and create the goods and services that back the crypto token) is still somewhat of a niche in crypto space. A “solid, highly prestigious” crypto (whose price in fiat is unlike to collapse) can be used as collateral when borrowing grin.
1 Like

“dog”, I’m unfamiliar with this kind of message board, so I don’t know how to send a private message (if that’s even possible). I’m sending this draft as a “previous work”. From this others can see the quality of my writing and arguments. Let me know if you’re liking it and want to do further business with me.

1 Like

@dog , because new users are limited to only one media attachment per post, here is the other half of the draft:

3 Likes

Guys are being quite harsh on you @SmilingEconomist. Personally I see value in your initiative.

@davidtavarez and @l33d4n please take into consideration that someone in the future might just browse this forum, see your responses and feel highly discouraged from proposing something new.

I do not want ツ to forever be some hobby project that only bunch of computer nerds like us know about. I want people from all sorts of backgrounds (including economists) to learn about and have a chance to appreciate it.

6 Likes

I see what you’re saying, but why would anyone pay/donate to engage in a conversation with someone else? I think @SmilingEconomist is either trolling or he/she is a bad opportunist. So, I get what you say, you’re not wrong, and I will double down: We are not that desperate, and I discourage people to think that. I mean, paying for critics in an open forum?! It doesn’t make sense.

@SmilingEconomist can easily start writing about Grin economics and if people found value in the writings, people will just deposit some grins here and there. I’ll be the first.

3 Likes

I am Interested in criticism overall cryptocurrency environment that includes grin. But, when paying with grin, I would not know what private information I would reveal. Could I pay 0.02 XMR instead?

I am Interested in criticism overall cryptocurrency environment that includes grin. But, when paying with grin, I would not know what private information I would reveal. Could I pay 0.02 XMR instead?

Unfortunately, I have chosen GRIN as the unit of account. I’m also trying to learn how to use it by practice, so if I were to be paid in another cryptocurrency it would defeat the purpose of this experiment.

I can’t find another cryptocurrency that was designed to have linear inflation from the start. It’s interesting that, even though the years ahead for GRIN guarantee a ridiculously high inflation (this year alone will have 50% inflation, the year after will have about 33% inflation), some members of the GRIN community cling strongly to their coins, as if I’m charging too much for asking 50 GRIN.

The overall crypto community is blind for one side of the coin. They see the asset side, thinking “of course my precious coin is going to moon!”, and foolishly HODL their coins. Yes, greater fool theory gives good reasons to believe that the price of a deflationary coin to increase. There are a lot of fools out there, so bubbles won’t pop that quickly. However, it’s surprising to think the same for an inflationary coin as GRIN.

By spending one’s coin, you are inviting someone to share the burden that comes with a coin. There even could be an emotional effect of being paid with a coin: now that the person paid holds the coins, that person has a motivation to wish and work towards a greater purchasing power for those coins.

The parable of the talents (Matthew 25:14-30) criticizes the HODL behavior before it was a thing. The third servant (the bad one) simply buried the money given by the master, afraid of losing it. The master scolds the servant, telling that, even if that was the case, the servant ought to place the money in a bank, so that the master could collect interest.

This experiment has been draining on me, and I don’t think my spare time is worth continuing it. I wish the best for your community, good bye.

Pirl had also one coin per second forever model. But forever was not very long. Changed after a year or two…

Creating POW Coins is no zero-sum Game. POW is expensive. And Research and Development is expensive also. So they blow up a negative sum.

Funny how no-one accuses bitcoin of having had a “ridiculously high inflation”, when it had the exact same inflation as Grin in its first 4 years…

Grin’s supply is dis-inflationary, not inflationary. See

8 Likes